Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some bugs on my POD HD500X

Giorgos02

After installing firmware 2.61 and loading the full amp packet I noticed that when I am tweaking the amp/cab DEP knobs I can't see their percentages on my POD HD500X Edit software. 

Also some patches have no sound. When I load them, I get no sound.

And the last bug I noticed is that sometimes when I am doing a dual amp setup and save it, every time I try to load it, the second amp has all its knobs on the amp section at 0% for no reason.

• Upvote 3

If you have already installed Line 6 Monkey, run it with your Pod connected via usb. If you don't already have it, go to the Downloads section of this website (under the Support tab above) and download Line 6 Monkey. Then run it. It will help you obtain and install the updated HD500 Edit program.

Some of the factory presets are designed for vocals, or for JTV guitars. In these cases the Input will not be set for the guitar input; hence you will not hear any sound from your guitar.

If you have already installed Line 6 Monkey, run it with your Pod connected via usb. If you don't already have it, go to the Downloads section of this website (under the Support tab above) and download Line 6 Monkey. Then run it. It will help you obtain and install the updated HD500 Edit program.

Some of the factory presets are designed for vocals, or for JTV guitars. In these cases the Input will not be set for the guitar input; hence you will not hear any sound from your guitar.

Why should I download and install HD500 Edit? I have a pod HD500X and I have updated everything about it.

I had this very problem with sound and new patches. I am no expert but noticed that these patches had a volume pedal on the patch. I deleted the pedal and 'Bingo'. There was sound B)

I have never placed any volume pedal to any of my patches.

After installing firmware 2.61 and loading the full amp packet I noticed that when I am tweaking the amp/cab DEP knobs I can't see their percentages on my POD HD500X Edit software. 

And the last bug I noticed is that sometimes when I am doing a dual amp setup and save it, every time I try to load it, the second amp has all its knobs on the amp section at 0% for no reason.

The no percentage thing, yes, I get this too. And I have to say, this really needs to be fixed. It used to be that a percentage toottip popped up when adjusting it. Now it doesn't. :angry:

The no sound on patches might be something with the input setups global setting? Or a volume pedal somewhere in the chain where if the pedal is in the heel position there will be no sound?

I use a lot of dual amp patches and haven't noticed anything like this yet.

yup. the parameters in the cab doesn't show the values in the edit software when you turn the knobs. i had to look at the pod unit's screen to see what the exact values are while i turn the knob in edit.

do u mean that those patches sounded ok PRIOR the update, but AFTER the update they have no sound?

ΓιώÏγο, can u pls post those no-sound-patches ?

do u mean that those patches sounded ok PRIOR the update, but AFTER the update they have no sound?

ΓιώÏγο, can u pls post those no-sound-patches ?

exactly that, but unfortunately I can't post these specific patches because they are not mine. 

did you reset the globals?

(hold direction key left while powering on)

Is resetting the globals always necessary when doing firmware updates?  This might fix some of my issues i have listed in another post. Does resetting globals reset all your patches to factory?

good practice not always required... and it will not affect your patches... your setlist names may change... but the patches will remain the same.

Thanks for the info.  Also is it a good idea to have the firmware overnight everything then reload your bundle?

Thanks for the info.  Also is it a good idea to have the firmware overnight everything then reload your bundle?

i think he meant overwrite 

that would make more sense! 

and not a bad troubleshooting method to determine if you tones are the issue or the pod.

What are you talking about guys?

got it?

when you install the firmware, you have the option of keeping your files or not. 

Don't keep them. 

when u get this dialog box during flash update, u must answer "NO"

I said no as well... Still got the bugs...