Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anybody else wish that line 6 would provide us with new Cab/Mic Options too

Starwaves

I'm thrilled to hear of all the new amp models, especially the ones in the Metal Pack, however I'm kinda bummed about the fact that there are no new cabs or mics available for most of these amps. I'm one of the POD HD users that wishes for the ability to load 3rd party impulse responses, but after reading a post by Digital Igloo it seems that the POD's hardware is unable to accommodate 3rd party cab or mic sims. So since this isn't really much of an option,  in the future it would be nice to see Line 6  create new cab and mic packs in the future to be able to further expand the tonal possibilities of creating patches for live and recording purposes. Thoughts?

• Upvote 4

Indeed.

The cabs and mics are the things that most influence the fundamental tone of any patch.

It would be interesting also if the programmers could work their optimizing wizardry on the cabs/mics to add some parameters that are common in IR plugins, like maybe mic distance, better/more mic positioning, and simple EQ controls. Any new parameters like that could be in lieu of the current res/thump/decay controls. In other words, make a multiple choice dep parameter scheme.

• Upvote 2

But not enough, damn it! MORE MORE MORE!!!

And all for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hahaha right!  I hear ya...

Have you looked into thrid party IR's?  If you are trying to get good recordings, you may consider bypassing the HD500X cab and mic models and use impulse responses from others.  I like these alot http://www.rosen.digital/

The cabs and mics are the things that most influence the fundamental tone of any patch.

Amen to that! My initial expectatons of the new model packs were that there would be some matching cabs included but regardless I am very happy with many of the new amp models and hopefull that the firmware update will pave the way for future realeases of new cabs and mics!