Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I am currently using my second DL4, it is the best delay pedal I have come across when it actually works.

My first one was fine for about a year then (just after my warranty was up) it started to behave oddly. Often the sound would cut out mid song (it would work on bypass, or the power would just cut out. sometimes it would come straight back on other times it didn't come back on, but often it would work again then next time I tried to use it (a few days later).

Since it was out of warranty I bought another one, this one was fine for a while, then it started having similar problems, I took it back to where I bought it and they sent it to line6 for repair, I got it back a couple of weeks ago with a note stating the repair work they did - which seemed to be only cleaning an eprom socket. It took over a month to get this done and sent back to me and it has already started going wrong again. I have been using an official line6 power supply with it, so the power isn't an issue. I can't afford to have this die on me in the middle of a gig again, the loop and delay functions are important parts of our sound.

Is this a problem I can expect to have with all line6 delays? I see a lot of professional musicians using them so I can only assume they must actually work for some people.

I don't want this to continue happening as I have already spent close to £400 on these pedals and currently have 2 which are very unreliable. I am worried that it will continue to happen and cause me further issues.

Does anyone have any advice, or is it just send it back to them (which I have already tried).

It's really quite frustrating, a pedal that costs that much money should be much more reliable. I have several much cheaper pedals (including a very cheap digital delay) which have never gone wrong following several years of gigging.

Any help would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hello??

Is there anyone reading these forums?

This is a very frustrating issue. I have had no reply and as far as I am concerned I have had very bad customer service considering after you 'fixed' the issue it took only a few hours playing with it before it went wrong again.

I have seen online some people do mods on these pedals to replace the switches and put less pressure on the circuit board, is this a known issue? Do I need to pay someone to mod my pedal in order to get something which will actually work long enough for me to use it on tour? My band are touring Europe at the end of October and I really need the delay and loop functions working, but I am getting no help whatsoever which I feel is appalling considering the amount of money I have spent on the product(s)!

Please can someone at least reply to my post so I know you may actually care about your customers?

• 9 months later...

Hey, mbguitars!

I picked up my DL4 in 2005 and it eventually started restarting/rebooting randomly. Since I couldn't rely on it, I put it away and kind of forgot about it. I pulled it out last week though and tested it. Same thing happened. I use the Line 6 power supply it came with as well. I can't remember if this happens when I'm using batteries though so I might try that out this weekend. That might be an option for on stage use, but not a real solution. 

I also checked the solder joints for the power connector. They all looked fine. One might have been a little cold, so I hit them with the soldering iron to touch them up. That didn't fix the problem though. 

And I recommend putting in a support ticket as well. I haven't heard back, but I just sent it in yesterday. I'll keep you posted once I find something out!

• 1 month later...

this forum, is a user forum and does not reflect customer service at line6.

if you want support from line6... get it here: http://line6.com/support/tickets/

please contact Line6, perhaps they can answer you per my quoted post.

we have the same feeling bro. i feel frustrated as well coz i posted something about the DL4 two weeks ago but till now I have not received any reply not even one. reg my issue, i was wondering if the POD 2.0 can mimic the Multi-head effect of the DL4 - no one replied. :( sad*

• 5 years later...

Yep still a problem. I have no idea how artists use these things and cope with this. Me and my bass player bought 2 Dl4’s and they both started shutting off randomly. Sent it back and to no avail the pedal showed the same problem within the first minute of playing it when i got it back. The tech guys that i spoke with seem so spineless they act so unaware of this issue and I’ve told them numerous times to look into this and it’s just not gonna happen they make too much money off of these things for them to even care