Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x firmware updated but flash won't update to 2.61

Indianrock2020

Hey Guys!

Same problem here with update 2.61. I tried updating in safe mode, tried using different USB ports, even a different PC but nothing helped. However I was able to roll back to 1.32 (that was the latest update I had on the POD HD500X before I tried installing v2.61) with no problems at all. I don't really know what should I do next as I would like to buy the new HD metal and bass packs, but with v1.32 I wouldn't be able to use them..

Monkey still shows the flash as needing an update but everything else is current. The vintage HD pack I just bought a few days ago is now in the POD and available.  I may try updating the flash using that reset/safe mode approach but not until after this weekend's gig.

Although I saved off all of my presets, and specified overwrite them in the POD during the updating, they're still in the POD so I guess that overwrite happens only when the flash actually gets updated.  I think what gets overwritten are the original patches plus User1 and User2 so if I rename my main setlist from User1 to say, Randy, would those be left alone during a flash update?

1.32 was the latest flash file available for download yesterday.

I too just tried to update the flash to 2.62 and failed miserably.  I got caught in the dreaded "flash update failed " loop.  Didn't matter which computer, USB cable I used.  I had just finishing upgrading Line 6 Monkey to 7.0 and the firmware to 1.04.  Very scary, thought I'd bricked the thing.  After trying 10-15 times I was able to roll back to Flash v1.30.  What's going on???

can't say what the issue is, but sometimes software on your machine can affect monkey.

might try another machine if possible.

I too just tried to update the flash to 2.62 and failed miserably.  I got caught in the dreaded "flash update failed " loop.  Didn't matter which computer, USB cable I used.  I had just finishing upgrading Line 6 Monkey to 7.0 and the firmware to 1.04.  Very scary, thought I'd bricked the thing.  After trying 10-15 times I was able to roll back to Flash v1.30.  What's going on???

I have a ticket open on this    Ticket ID 254554   Support wanted a screen shot of monkey.

Currently monkey shows only flash memory and now hDedit out of date since there is new software out there in the last two days.  Flash is 1.32 but should be updated to 2.62.   USB firmware is current at 1.04      Drivers are current at 4.2.7.1

HDEdit is 2.25 but can now be updated to 2.26

Not touching it until after tomorrow's gig

I have same problem.  I tried different ports, different PC, new drivers everything and still gives me a CODE 80007211 Firmware update timed out waiting for response from POD HD500X.  I am at 2.6 and want to go to 2.62.  Did your open ticket help?

For me the solution was to use a laptop that didn't have company lock-down software on it.  I switched to my own laptop which didn't have anything checking on the USB ports, rebooted it and only opened the Line 6 software needed to update, nothing else.

Although the company laptop would update some things, it timed out on others.

• Upvote 1

My Norton Antivirus SW hates Monkey.  It uninstalled it every time I tried to install.  I finally figured out how to get it installed then it worked like a champ.  I think there is something about how monkey goes out to the Line6 Server that gets the Antivirus software suspicious.  I have had that with several computers.

I was able to correct by (again) reloading all drivers, firmware, detaching all cables to POD, turning off PC firewall, rebooting PC and POD, different port,flashing from down loaded file.  I have been trying and retry in various combinations including using another computer with different Windows OS. In the end the thing that seemed to do it was the last time I reloaded drivers and firmware.

My Norton Antivirus SW hates Monkey.  It uninstalled it every time I tried to install.  I finally figured out how to get it installed then it worked like a champ.  I think there is something about how monkey goes out to the Line6 Server that gets the Antivirus software suspicious.  I have had that with several computers.

You should disable your AV when you install software. 

I don't know about you guys, but this time when I updated, first I uninstalled everything L6. I even manually deleted some leftover files and the registry items. 

ALL traces of L6 (except my saved patches) were gone! 

And my stuff worked just fine. 

*and as previously mentioned, I always turn off my anti virus when doing this sort of thing.

• 11 months later...