Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Choptones Metal Update Vol.1 for Line6 Pod HD 500 X New Amp Presets and Demos

Starwaves

While searching the net today for more demos of the new amp models, I stumbled across this site that was demoing the 5150 and other new models from the Metal Pack.

POD HD 500 X Metal Update Vol.1

5150 demo
https://youtu.be/_39hi4ViKJk

Guitar only Demo of their presets with new Amp Models
https://youtu.be/jo0rXZrQuVY

I've never heard of Choptones before but I figured I'd share this because they demo the new amp models on youtube, and offer their own 12 patches.

The following is Copy and Pasted from their site:

Choptones Metal Update Vol.1 for Line6 Pod HD 500 X

In this new pack we engineered 12 patches using 3 of the new amp simulation (Peavey 5150 block logo / Line 6 Purge/ Line 6 Fat Bottom).

Patch list:
5051-DOUBLE (Double hard panned Peavey 5150, pure intense Peavey sound)
5051-G12T75  (Double hard panned Peavey 5150, boosted through a standard Marshall 4x12 ab)
5051-MIDFOCUS (5150 and post-eq, great for modern metal rhythm)
5051-MIDFOCUS2 ( Same as above but with different eq and sound shaping)
5051-UBER ( 5150 with Ubercab for extra low-ends)
PURGE-SATAN (Great Line6 amp simulation, remind at new Randall amp production)
SATAN-5051-SOLO (Line6 Purge + 5150 and Delay for a smooth great sounding lead guitar)
SATAN-5051 (Line6 Purge + 5150 for hard metal riffing)
RANDY-RHY (Line6 Purge, nice scooped tone for rhythm)
RANDY-RHY2 (Same as above, different cabs)
FAT-SCOOP (Line 6 Fat bottom, great big distorted tone)
FAT-SCOOP2 (Same as above, different mice and settings)

N.B. You need HD Model Pack - Metal Pack enabled in your POD for use this patches!

With the release of the v2.6 firmware update Line 6 provides the access to new amp models packs. Pod HD owners can expand their rigs purchasing 3 different amp model packs. The Metal Model Pack includes models based on modern heavy gain amps, the Vintage Model Pack includes models of rare vintage classics, and the Bass Model Pack features a select line-up of bass amps

Wow, that was fast!  Pretty cool.

I wonder why they have patches with SATAN in them.  I know Randall makes a metal amp called that but it's not in the model pack.  

Personally, I would never even consider buying a Roland SATAN due to the name.  At least in this case you can change the names of the patches.

Wow, that was fast!  Pretty cool.

I wonder why they have patches with SATAN in them.  I know Randall makes a metal amp called that but it's not in the model pack.  

Personally, I would never even consider buying a Roland SATAN due to the name.  At least in this case you can change the names of the patches.

Oh go ahead...live a little. I seriously doubt that an guitar amplifier, even one named after The Desolate One, would be considered a Hell-worthy trespass, come Judgement Day.

Oh go ahead...live a little. I seriously doubt that an guitar amplifier, even one named after The Desolate One, would be considered a Hell-worthy trespass, come Judgement Day.

Yeah, it's just my personal feelings about the matter; not trying to force my opinion on anyone else.  Looks like they're targeting the Slayer/Slipknot folks.  I know Ola Englund (from The Haunted) was involved with this amp and I think the name was his idea.  One look at The Haunted lyrics and it's easy to tell why he picked that name.

But back to my original question; the names of some of their patches seem to hint that they're using a model of that amp (or they dialed another one in to sound really similar).   Just wondering how they got the tone.

They would have got that tone the same way any of us would, through painstakingly comparing the tones and tweaking and tweaking and tweaking and cursing and making sure they had enough party supplies around to not trash their POD when they got annoyed... you know the drill.  Some of those do sound positively wicked but once again we got the wonderful issue of we don't get their guitar, fingers and speakers along with the tones for that 9 Euros, what a rip off!

Maybe Satan will pony up the 9 Euros and post them all here for us to have fun with!  :D  *insert headbanging with devil horns in the air*

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Well, just bought 3 set's of their patches (incluiding the metal update one) and.. the high gain ones, dont sound like advertised.. :|

I've replied with a sample of their sound (Master of puppets rythm).. dunno if im doin something wrong but its hard to miss.

That's usually the problem with "pre-rolled" patches. Though I have to admit Glen Delaune's have sounded real good (a buddy had some of the X3 ones). I haven't tried the HD ones of his yet but Glen is on the board and seems like he would be more than willing to help tweak them. Check out his Metal Masters for the HD - I really love the demos.

• 3 months later...

I bought the Metallica packet for HD500x. It's absolutely crap and waste of money. Simply put, they don't sound (not even close) to what they advertise on Youtube video. I sent them request for refund. Actually, they are so bad that they have to pay me to use them, and not the other way around.

I've also bought the patches from Glen Delaune. These are freaking awesome, very good job!

Hi there! Livio from Choptones here.

We never touch or postproduce the patches we sell. They're exactly made with the guitar you can see in the videos.

One mono centered guitar for playthroughs and doubled guitars for mixed demos.

We replied immediately to your emails tryin' to find a solution.

About one hundred users contacted us for say "thank you" and bought the other packs we've got.

But maybe we cannot sell better hands, and someone is here just to advertise other vendors :)

• Downvote 1

• 4 years later...

I think spending time learning how to create one good patch yourself is far more valuable than buying some "instant tones".

It's better, because you will tweak it on your own system with your own guitar plugged into it, because you will learn the unit that you are using and because you will develop your ear for the future.

You can't expect 1:1 sound from a demo video, if you are using different pickups, different pickup height and different output devices (headphones / speakers).

There's too many variables. If you want a good tone, you need to tweak it on your own gear and you need to be patient, because it won't be instant as a download.

I have spoken on this many times: 

There are a lot of guys out there, who are excellent videographers or fantastic bloggers. They make great videos. They run fancy websites. Lots of content with loads of data.  

But, musically, when it comes down the content they deliver... well, they are really good videographers.