Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Pitch Glide Effect & Exp Pedal

Peeler

Happy Wednesday!

I am a lover of the HD500X - been crafting some tones for my original music and coming up with some stuff I am very happy with!

I am struggling a touch with the 'Pitch Glide' - my problem is I am finding it to be not very 'gradual' or even with 'Whammy' type of sweeps from pitch to +12 or +24 when using an expression pedal.

A dramatic pitch change happens much closer to the 'Toe Down' position rather than an even 'sweep' from 'Toe Up' to 'Toe Down'

Settings on the Exp pedal are for instance '0' pitch at Toe Down and +12 at Toe Up

I am using an Ernie Ball VP Jr with an active pot - also tried the Boss FV500 - wondering if anyone can shed some light if they have had better luck with this effect.

Thanks!

I've found the Pitch Glide can be a unpredicable beast myself, but the original one was too, even the mix control seems to not work logically. I mostly use it by putting it an seperate chain and set mix to 100 it works differnetly than putting inline with mix 50% although logically those should be the same.  Like gunpointmetal said you can elemiate the pedal itself by putting on the onboard pedal.

My main problem with pitch glide is the pedal calibration is constantly changing on me. So all the way down may be 0.5 instead of zero, rendering me out of tune until i re-edit the patch. I've calibrated but it seems to happen soon after. Maybe i need a new FBV.

My main problem with pitch glide is the pedal calibration is constantly changing on me. So all the way down may be 0.5 instead of zero, rendering me out of tune until i re-edit the patch. I've calibrated but it seems to happen soon after. Maybe i need a new FBV.

If you're talking about the exp pedal on the pod, try tightening the allen bolt very slightly before calibration. This will help keep it in place for a longer period of time before it loosens again and starts to fall under its own weight.

• Upvote 1

If you're talking about the exp pedal on the pod, try tightening the allen bolt very slightly before calibration. This will help keep it in place for a longer period of time before it loosens again and starts to fall under its own weight.

Thanks i 'll try that - it's on the FBV controller but must be similar pedal i'd think