Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting HD500 to Mixer XLR with Global Phantom power

stevevnicks

hello,

I have just got the Yamaha MG16XU Mixer ( http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/mixers/mg_xu/features.jsp )

and was wondering if its safe to connect my Pod HD500 via 2 XLR's the thing is the MIC's my friend has are all Phantom powered, if I press the phantom power enable button it enables phantom power globally across all the XLR inputs, I went back to buy an active D.I. Box for the mixer and that to needs Phantom power, so I asked the chap store (warehouse) and he said good question ? so phoned Yamaha they got back saying they need to get in contact with there Line 6 support and will get back to him.

I have not tested with the phantom power enabled although the pod hd500 connected via the XLR's works fine, just have nothing else using the mixers XLR's, just in case it damages the Mixer or the Pod HD500 with the phantom power on.

any thoughts on this would be handy :)

I have to be careful with this item because two friends and I clubbed together to buy it, im not the sole owner as such.

just checked my emails and Yamaha has got back to the shop owner.

"Yamaha have come back to me.

Confirmed that the 'Jack' of the combi socket does not have phantom power.

Also, they have advised that the Line6 unit should be unaffected if you have phantom power on - though I'd personally use it on the stereo channel on jacks if there's enough gain"

can any Line 6 tech Advise Please