Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DS-1 into Vox amp on HD500X

pwbeninate

I'm a brand new HD500X user, and I'm looking to re-create a pretty specific tone.

Looking for the sound of a Boss DS-1 into a Vox amp with light gain. Obviously the Vox amp part is pretty straightforward, but I haven't found a distortion model that sounds anything like the DS-1. I'm open to any signal path, even another amp model that has the right tone...

Obviously, I could just put a DS-1 in the FX loop, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!

Owning a DS-1, I would try the Line 6 Drive.  

A DS-1 can be picked up used for like $20 most of the time, you might want to just get a DS-1 to put in the effects loop or in-front of the POD. Then use one of the Vox amp sims.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to find a tone that's working for me.

I should have mentioned, I use a pretty specific setting on my DS-1: tone nearly all the way down and drive at 12 o'clock. That's the sound I was looking to model.

I was able to get pretty close using the Classic Distortion model with the Filter parameter at 100% and the treble around 40%. I'm running that into the AC30TB model and it sounds great.

Way to noodle it... The more I use the HD500x, I look at all the amp models and effects as tone adjusters, rather than the real hardware they claim to duplicate.  I often find the tone I'm going for uses a different amp or cab or effect than expected.