Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV 150W head output blown

TSadler

So I bought a spider IV half stack from my buddy who blew one of the outputs on the head. According to him, you need both to use the speaker cab, one output goes to the left speakers, and one goes to the right speakers.  He apparently didn't realize this until he blew one of them, the right speaker output.  He removed the part and I can't seem to find the replacement part anywhere online, and I don't know how to solder.  Can anyone help??

Heres some pictures of the part he removed from inside the head

post-2203107-0-06341500-1428598887_thumb.jpg

post-2203107-0-43987300-1428598896_thumb.jpg

post-2203107-0-96916600-1428598908_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not real sure on that one...I heard this can happen and my local GC salesman manager wrote me a 2 yr warranty covering speaker out failure for my 150 HD... He insisted this could not happen!! It obviously can..I'm worried now as I have been playing mine for 3 months now using only left out as was insisted by local GC manager no damage could occur!

It's in the FAQs that you need to use both outputs of the amp or an imbalance will happen - which can void any warranty.

To the OP, parts are available through Line6, but if you don't know how to solder, I would suggest bringing the amp to an authorized service center.

Not real sure on that one...I heard this can happen and my local GC salesman manager wrote me a 2 yr warranty covering speaker out failure for my 150 HD... He insisted this could not happen!! It obviously can..I'm worried now as I have been playing mine for 3 months now using only left out as was insisted by local GC manager no damage could occur!

Music store gear-jockey strikes again! Was the guy old enough to shave? I stopped listening to anything the staff at the various MegaloMusics of the world have to say years ago...they almost never know anything about the gear they're peddling.

Music store gear-jockey strikes again! Was the guy old enough to shave? I stopped listening to anything the staff at the various MegaloMusics of the world have to say years ago...they almost never know anything about the gear they're peddling.

He was actually the area general manager and he seemed quite knowledgeable in most areas!! He insisted that only in a tube amp would damage occur in that scenario.. That solid state amps do not apply to using both out as a must....and even in the manual says you CAN utilize both outs not that you MUST!! Confusing to me!

He was actually the area general manager and he seemed quite knowledgeable in most areas!! He insisted that only in a tube amp would damage occur in that scenario.. That solid state amps do not apply to using both out as a must....and even in the manual says you CAN utilize both outs not that you MUST!! Confusing to me!