Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.62 for everyone

slockrem

Flash Memory       Version 2.62.00

Released 4/9/15

Works with:

POD HD500

POD HD500 Flash Memory v2.62 RELEASE NOTES

POD HD500 v2.62 is a FREE firmware update that includes additional features and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all POD HD500 users perform this update!

It is also recommended that you back up your current presets by using POD HD500 Edit to create a preset bundle, allowing you to include installing new presets as part of the update process.

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Monkey. Once you've connected your POD HD500 to your computer via USB port (hubs are not supported), Monkey will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. It’s important to update both the USB Firmware (1.04) and Flash Memory (2.62).

The Line 6 Monkey application may be downloaded here.

What's New?
Global EQ — Global EQ is used for compensating for the wide disparity in acoustic environments on tour or when traveling from studio to studio, and is applied to all setlists and presets. Global EQ features three fully parametric bands plus variable low and high cut filters.

To access Global EQ:
  1. Press and hold the VIEW button to open the Setup Menu.
  2. Using the four-way, cursor right until you see the Global EQ screen.
  3. Turn Knob 1 to select the desired EQ band (Low Cut, Low, Mid, High, High Cut) and turn Knobs 2, 3, and/or 4 to adjust the selected band.
  4. To bypass or enable Global EQ, press ENTER.

NOTE—Due to L6 LINK’s flexible routing, Global EQ is not available at this output.

Support for optional Model Packs—Firmware 2.62 supports three new Amp/Cab Model Packs:

Metal Pack—includes models based on* modern heavy gain amps like the Peavey® 5150® and a remastered JCM800
Vintage Pack—includes models based on* classics like the Vox® AC30 Fawn and the Orange® OR80
Bass Pack—includes models based on* an Ampeg® SVT and a GK Gallien-Kruger 800RB

Model Packs can be purchased here.

Variax Presets—Firmware 2.62 adds an additional “VARIAX†setlist of 64 presets, optimized for use with Line 6 Variax guitars. Selecting a preset from this setlist may recall a particular guitar model and tuning in a connected Variax.

Known Issues
Set List Names—If during the update process new presets are optionally loaded to overwrite the previous set, Set List names may not correlate to the new presets appropriately. This is because renaming Set Lists is not a part of the firmware update process. Set List names may be changed in the hardware using a variety of methods:
  • System Reset—Pressing (and holding down) the four-way navigation pad to the left while powering up will perform a Global Settings reset. This action will reset all settings to their factory default and requires a recalibration of the on-board expression pedal. Instructions for pedal calibration can be found here. Due to the pedal recalibration, it is generally recommended to update the Set List names using the manual method described below.
  • Manual—Set Lists may be renamed manually by simply highlighting a Set List name and pressing the SAVE button. Use the four encoders beneath the main display and press SAVE to complete.

The presets in firmware v2.62 correlate to the following Set List names, as seen in the main display from left to right, top to bottom:

BEST OF HD
FX HEAVY
SONGS / STYLE
BASS/ACO/VOC
L6LINK DT
VARIAX
USER 1
USER 2

FAQ For more information about POD HD500, the POD HD FAQ can be found here.

Advanced User's Guide The latest version of the Advanced User's Guide for the POD HD500 can be found here.

* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. The product names and images are provided for the sole purpose of identifying the specific products that were studied during Line 6's sound model development.

OS: Windows XP, Mac OS X, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8  ( 891.86 KB ) GET DOWNLOAD
  • Upvote 3

The license manager is complaining that you haven't installed the new usb driver.

You should use Line 6 Monkey to perform the updates. It will help you install the necessary new usb driver (v1.04) as well as the new HD Edit program.

Hey Guys!

That's good news, but with my POD HD500X I am still unable to update it to 2.62. I had the same USB timeout error with 2.61. Although the USB seems to be working just fine and I was able to roll back to 1.32 with no problems whatsoever.. (I tried different ports etc. but didn't manage to solve the issue..:\)

I see the new versions of HD Edit, 2.26 for both hd500 and hd500x, still have the bug of no values shown for the DEP parameters when adjusting them. Somewhat disappointing.

This bug showed up in version 2.25.

I opened a support ticket a few days ago, but no response yet.

How do I update the USB firmware?  In Line 6 Monkey it doesn't even have an option for USB firmware. And License Manager also tells me I need a USB firmware update to install licenses and to run Monkey to do so...  So what do I do?

How do I update the USB firmware?  In Line 6 Monkey it doesn't even have an option for USB firmware. And License Manager also tells me I need a USB firmware update to install licenses and to run Monkey to do so...  So what do I do?

same here ...

I see the new versions of HD Edit, 2.26 for both hd500 and hd500x, still have the bug of no values shown for the DEP parameters when adjusting them. Somewhat disappointing.

This bug showed up in version 2.25.

I opened a support ticket a few days ago, but no response yet.

Getting the same result on my 500.  Just the indicator in the cab model selection area, but not actual values.

You cannot get away with not doing a global reset on this update....On the bean, one indication of you can see that will indicate that you need to will be if you see USB FW: V0.00 on Setup Page 1 with USB connected....I would also recommend that you backup your patches with Edit and totally wipe and restore you patches afterwards...Model Packs seems to be a bigger change...I have been using the update and so far so good...I double checked my Monkey View just now and it looks like all is available.

post-76460-0-61139200-1428614881_thumb.jpg

it's years I see "USB FW: V0.00 on Setup Page 1" of my HD500 until I connect it through the USB to my PC, and then it changes to "USB FW: V1.01"

Thank you...I should clarify...My bean was showing USB FW: 0.00 after I had updated firmware with USB connected, but before I reset the global vars...I reset global vars and it then reported correct...USB connected the whole time...

Line 6 is a funny funny company.. The LAST thing I would do on a Thursday night before gigging all weekend is start flashing firmware and diving deep into my gear... Have fun guys, I'll catch up on Sunday.  HAHAHA

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Line 6 is a funny funny company.. The LAST thing I would do on a Thursday night before gigging all weekend is start flashing firmware and diving deep into my gear... Have fun guys, I'll catch up on Sunday.  HAHAHA

You and me both..but at least we have the choice! Plus i have another new piece of gear this gig, dont need two new variables!

• Upvote 1

Installed without a hitch. I did all the software first, then the USB and finally the firmware. Was not interested in updating the patches. I will check my patches in the morning and ensure the sounds are normalized, then test the global equalizer. Then get the new amp models installed and dive into programming with the new models.

Many thanks to Line 6 for this update. Your continued support is much appreciated.

Jim

You put the new model packs onto the hd500?

Yes, I did. 

And they sound fantastic. 

I was after the Vintage and the Bass pack, so I cant say anything of the metal pack. 

But the JC120 was just what I wanted. And the SVR bass amp sounded quite well to my ears also. 

(well, back to more playing!)

I'm noticing the Global EQ is not being applied to recordings when I record via USB, is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

From what I have read on the forums, GLOBAL EQ does not apply to L6 LINK or USB, but it should operate on all the other outputs.  You can contact Line 6 directly if you need confirmation.

FINALLLY!!! WOOT WOOT! TIME TO UPDATE AND BUY THE METAL PACK. :lol: Just in time for the weekend, too! Super pumped if you can't tell lol

Different strokes for different folks, or.... No good deed goes unpunished.

For Lines 6 releasing on a Thursday is good precisely because it will spread out the downloading over several days as those who are performing at the weekend will (or should) delay - this gives them a little slack in case something goes wrong.  

Releasing on a Monday could mean that everybody downloads it at once, bitches when the server grinds to a halt, and then complains when every POD HD in the world is bricked together.

in all my mysticism and pondering....

I've come to the conclusion....

that perhaps they just released it when it was ready :)

Clearly what's really important is the color of the socks that the guy who finally made the firmware available was wearing at the time. Green socks means fewer software bugs. Everybody knows that...