Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax digital cable and Relay G70/G75

MarkSabbath

Hi there.

I'm willing to buy a wireless system Relay G70 / G75, but i didn't understand if there's the possibility to interface a Variax JTV normally connected to a POD HD500x with the digital cable (RJ45 connector) to a Relay G70 / G75.

Could you please give me clarification on this topic?

Thank you very much

Mark

you can use the regular 1/4" out with the wireless device..... and it will work like any other guitar.

the wireless VDI is a common request... they've not announced anything, and i would be very surprised if one were to come up anytime soon!

With Line 6 now in the wireless business you would think making one of their proprietary products wireless would be high on the priority list?! Waiting on my JTV US right now and one of the main issues I already have with it (before ever playing it), is that my Sennheiser SKM2000 unit will never be able to work with it unless I just want to play straight guitar sounds. So even tho I have a great wireless unit sitting their, I will have to be tethered! It would definitely make me buy a new unit if it was the only one that provided Variax wireless. Nice selling point for their wireless brand. Buy ours and you can be wireless playing your Variax or any other guitar you want! Sennheiser wouldn't be able to say that.

• Upvote 1

I have been considering a new rig arrangement that would entail using a G70 with a Variax, and two HD500 units...

VDI to one HD500, wireless 1/4" to the other HD500. Run one rig in studio direct, to a mixer or full range setup; run the other L6linked in combo/poweramp to a DT amp rig. Send the variax mags through the VDI, send the variax models through the 1/4" wireless.

• 7 months later...

I actually talked to someone at Line 6 about this a few years ago. I'm surprised they haven't done that with these new wireless units. How hard would it be to include a jack on the receiver for the RJ45 cable and, likewise, an option for that cable to plug into the transmitter. 

• 1 month later...

Just here to add my vote: VARIAX WIRELESS PLEASE!! Without it, the "dream rig" is not a dream. I have the DT25, Helix, and Variax, but in order to have the Helix control the Variax I need a stupid cable at my feet. No way. So now I'm on stage with my head down finding the next patch with my feet, finding the model on the Variax while saying to my bandmates, "Wait...wait...wait... OK!" Not a dream! Still better than using a cable. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

In order to control the variax patches via a wireless link, one needs a two-way connection. The 'receiver' must be able to send patch information to the 'transmitter', which is beyond the current relay functionality, i guess. 

And when there is an 'uplink' available, why not add an audio signal too, so you have just one beltpack for guitar and in-ears. 

• 2 months later...

Just want to add my voice to the choir. Line6, please give us a wireless system that gives the same functionality as connection a Variax guitar to the HD500X through a Cat5 cable. I would buy two of these immediately!

• 3 weeks later...

What about making a rackmount Variax preamp box with the variax guts inside that a POD or Helix can L6Link to? That would solve the wireless Variax quandary! 

But It might just also kill the market for the Variax guitar unless you priced it at or above the standard Variax. I would still buy it to do acoustic guitar modeling and virtual capo changes while playing my JTV59. I love the idea of only having to get used to the feel & action of one guitar.