Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New "Small Tweed" HD model has a lot of hum

Nos402

Anyone else notice the new "Small Tweed" HD model has a lot of hum? You can dial it out with the "hum" setting in the power amp section but is this intentional? I haven't noticed this on any other models and noise gate does nothing to it.

Yes - same here.

I found a lot of hum when I turned down the drive very low but it goes away as far as I noticed so far, just had the Vintage Pack since yesterday afternoon and only messed around with new amps for a few hours. When I raise the drive level back up to about 15 the hum goes away.

I have the same thing . .thought maybe it was a bug in the model. It is very pronounced. I was hoping to use it with the Supro and make a mini Keith Richards tone with it. In fact the hum is so obvious I first thought my Pod had an electrical short happening in it.

I had two or three of those little champs years ago and yes they hummed like hell lol! Thats why I sold them long ago.For some lo-fi gritty noisy recording that amp might be cool but nothing I would use anymore.

Yeah...my '85 Plymouth Reliant got me from point A to point B, but I don't want it back, lol.

If you want to hear some hum go see Eric Johnson in a small venue.His rig hums like holy hell lol! Single coil pickups and he yanks the ground pins off of everything too! Of course he plays so loud that when he starts playing the signal to noise ratio changes drastically!At that point all you can hear is his guitar and no hum.