Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 Firmware Broken?

The-Poison

I just received my POD HD 500 and wanted to update it with the Line6 Monkey.

I downloaded the file, but while installing it said "POD HD 500 Update failed. (Code 80007211) Firmware update timed out waiting from response to the device. Try the update again, making sure the cables are still connected".

I tried it a few time, but the problem was always the same. So I downloaded the firmware (2.10) directly from line6.com and selected "update from file" in the monkey.

Again the update failed an now the POD doesn´t boot anymore. It shows the Line6 logo, then blacks out and reboots.

Even save mode doesn´t work. It just hangs while showing the logo (but doesn´t reboot).

The POD isn´t recognized by the computer anymore, so I see no way to flash the firmware again.

My system: WIndows 8, Intel Core i7-3630QM, 8GB Ram

If anyone has a idea I will try it, even if it sounds stupid, cause I´m quite desperate.

Greetz

global reset - hold left nav key while powering up. check monkey. register device.  try to update. after update, global reset

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2057

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

Q: How do I register my POD HD Device?

A: You can register any Line 6 product to your account here: Registration. For more detailed registration help, please see the Product Registration F.A.Q.

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2056

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2055

• 2 months later...

You've probably tried this, but it's worth a go.

Have you considered using a different USB cable? They do fail.

If not, connect a new cable and try again. You may have to repeat some of the steps suggested above. Also try reinstalling Line6 Monkey just in case the drivers have thrown a wobbly...

Good luck!

Also, the last post by sidysm on this old thread has the following advice...

...in case anyone else has issue in windows 8 it won't detect any devices, to resolve find the exe file and right click to get properties then set compatibility mode to windows 7 and all should work after that.

After this, I got nothing.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I just encountered this problem today when trying to update my Pod HD500 to the latest firmware.  I tried different USB ports, different USB cables, and several of the other suggestions, all to no avail. 

I have many cables plugged into the back of my Pod HD500; midi, variax, headphones, left/right outputs, another guitar...

I thought I would unplug everything, other than the power and usb cable. Lo and behold, looks like one or more of these cables were causing problems, and after unplugging them, my flash update worked flawlessly.

Hopefully this will help others who may be having difficulty updating the firmware.

• Upvote 4

same thing has happened to me before!

an easy thing to miss.

Hi, I just encountered this problem today when trying to update my Pod HD500 to the latest firmware.  I tried different USB ports, different USB cables, and several of the other suggestions, all to no avail. 

I have many cables plugged into the back of my Pod HD500; midi, variax, headphones, left/right outputs, another guitar...

I thought I would unplug everything, other than the power and usb cable. Lo and behold, looks like one or more of these cables were causing problems, and after unplugging them, my flash update worked flawlessly.

Hopefully this will help others who may be having difficulty updating the firmware.

• 1 month later...

I didn't think that unplugging the audio cables from the back would actually fix this but OMG it did!!! i had tried everything, download firmware manually, powering up holding down the left arrow and down arrow to hardware reset but nothing, been trying different things for days. Then i saw this post and unplugged everything apart from power and usb and flash update worked perfectly... 

Thanks very much

Wow, that is weird.

My guess it's like updating a program that's running or renaming a file that's open. In either case you have to close the program of file.

The HD500 recognizes cables are connected and is considered "in use" thus not accepting any update until not 'in use'. ;)

• 2 months later...

Some tips:

1.  Do not use a USB 3 port.  Use USB 2.0

2.  Make sure you are running Monkey in "Administrator" mode.  Right click the Monkey icon and select "Run as Administrator"

3.  If those fail.  Download the firmware update directly from http://line6.com/software and use Monkey to install it manually.

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem and Im hoping that someone can help me

After upgrading to firmware version 2.62 and performing global reset (Following instructions from line 6 ) after being teased with the new amps etc. Unit will not boot just displays LIne6 logo. Can not perform global reset.

Cannot talk to computer to downgrade firmware.

Have tried Different computers different usb cables to no avail.

I have also tried power on with bottom arrow down which displays update flash but can't do anything.

IS bad timing as I have 4 big shows this week and rely on this unit heavily. I had to update as i needed to record and mac wasn't responding via USB.

I Have logged tickets and called distributers but no one is answering.

If any one could help it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Tim

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In my case, Monkey SW failed to report installed "Flash memory" version and failed to perform the update. I was using VirtualBox/WinXP combo and USB 2.0, then I thought to force legacy "USB 1.0" mode on. That solved the issue and now "Flash memory" version can be read. Seems that HD500 has some issues with high speed USB communication.