Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My JTV HD SG and Jaguar presets released

So, the HD engine completely made the 1.9 translations sound way off.

I had to change the Jaguar from a Strat with Rick pickups to a Les Paul with Telecaster pickups, and the SG is just the 89 presets with the positions and electronics tweaked.

The bridges sound really close. The necks are close but not as good as the bridge, feel free to edit to your liking.

The SG sound is based off my SG clone. Jaguar is based off a friend who gave me dry recordings of his Jaguar.

The audio tests start out with the real guitars, then the presets, and then a small crunch sample with the presets.

Jaguar audio test:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21663288/Music/jaguartest.mp3

SG: audio test

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21663288/Music/sgtest.mp3

Download the presets here in a ZIP file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21663288/JTVSG%2BJaguar.zip

• Upvote 1

No problem. The Jaguar seems to be better on the lower strings than the top strings. If I find any better settings, I'll post updates, but it sounds pretty close to me, probably closer than the 1.9 versions honestly.

The SG sounds so close though, it's scary. Sounds almost like the exact same guitar, but it's just the 89 with the pickup positions adjusted a bit differently. Has more bite than the Lester or 89 models without sounding too honky.

• Upvote 1

Matter of speaking the SG sounds even better on the JTV... Same that happened when I tried to copy the sound of my dimarzios on the workbench... Crazy isn't it??

Yeah, the JTV has a more jangly attack when hitting the strings hard, the actual SG doesn't. It sounds really nice.

The I could of maybe put the values in the electronics a little lower, but eh. I'll check it out later.

dunno, just wondering...

rumors say that 2.21 has "balanced" string levels :o

have not yet loaded 2.21...

I haven't adjusted any of the string volume on the patches. Seems like the single coil guitars need string adjustment the most whenever it happens.

2.10, is there a sound difference?

Officially there is no difference.  There are no disclosed notes from Line 6 saying exactly what the update contains other than perhaps support for the new Variax standard.

However, when I updated, I found that the problem I had with v2.10 where individual string volumes were not "balanced" within an individual model (ie: the Low E, A, D, were much louder than the G, B and E - to the point where the high strings seemed to be equivalent to playing with the volume control on half in comparison to the low notes) was way less pronounced and the string volumes seemed "balanced" in comparison to each other.  Under v2.10, I had made adjustments to the global string levels to compensate for this "imbalance" and I had also updated some individual models adjusting individual string volumes to tweak to taste to fine tune, but before I upgraded to v2.21, I reset my Global String levels to zero, and then I did the upgrade and chose to overwrite existing presets (having backed up my adjusted presets earlier).  When I tried out the v2.21 fw with the models I had previously adjusted but using the freshly installed v.2.21 versions, I discovered they seemed to sound OK and balanced, unlike under v2.10 where I could immediately hear there was a big discrepancy.  So I left them as they were without adjusting anything in WB HD.  I have yet to thoroughly test each of my favourite models out so I may yet need to make some minor tweaks, but certainly first listen through it was an improvement over my experience with v2.10 on first listen through.

I know that it doesn't make any sense, logically or scientifically.  The fw should only contain support for Variax Standard and therefore there is no reason why the balance of the string volumes on individual models should have changed from v2.10 - but for some reason - and in my case - I can say it has made a difference.   YMMV.    :)

et alors, voila !

BTW - I saw an entry in another thread  (http://line6.com/support/topic/12901-jtv-fw-221-whats-new-in-it/) where radatats reported the same experience with string volume imbalance being corrected for him when he installed v2.21.  So it isn't just a one off with me ..... still can't explain it though ....  it's either the re-flash process which has somehow altered something in our JTVs that has affected the string volume balance issue or there is an undocumented change in the fw that has fixed whatever our particular problem was.   As I said before..... YMMV    ....  :)

let us wait 4 n official documentation...

.... I don't think there is any coming .... I am sure they would have released it already if they had something they needed to share.  I believe the v2.21 release is intended to be transparent and not introduce any changes to the models, it just happens that in my case and in radatats case, that it has inadvertently affected an outstanding issue that we both had from v2.10.   I would love to understand why and have official doc on the subject but I don't think it will happen - they have far more important things to concentrate on - so they can't afford to waste any time getting to the bottom of why a handful of users have experienced a string volume imbalance with v2.10 and then had it largely addressed with v2.21.    I am sure vast majority of users will upgrade and experience no difference, but some may encounter unexpected benefits or problems - it's just the nature of the beast.     YMMV.            :)     :)

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortuantely Clay-Man hasn't been here since 2019. Maybe if you PM him? I would like them as well if you find them. I think arislaf is still around. Try him.

In my search for this patch, I found this

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16551.msg139810#msg139810

So it sounds like arislaf got it at the time. I'm still looking.

Personal Message. You can do that here somewher on the forum. Arsilaf has something called Arsilaf's Realistic JTV Bundle. It has an SG in it I believe. you could try that. I tried uploading the file here but it's too big. It's on the Vguitar forum and you'll have to join the forum to download it. Remember it is a bundle so backup your JTV patches before installing the bundle on your guitar. It will replace all of them and you'll lose them if you don't. FYI all bundles do that. Here's the link.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24065.0

• 3 months later...