Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to get THAT tone?!

ChaserHUN

So I made this topic, to get specific tones/sounds

My first one is:

Is there any way to get a sound from the HD 500X like the Axe-FX 2 Marsha HDE?

I don't know if Santa Cruz uses Axe or what amp, didn't find any info on it, but it sounds pretty much like the marsha hbe

Love that mid range

I am only listening on a laptop, and not a sound system, so I am sure I am not hearing it properly. 

I suggest using a Les Paul. I don't know why, but every time I plug my GLP into a distorted patch, I sound like Slash, regardless of what the patch sounds like with any other guitar. The guitar definitely has its own unique identity that just makes you sound certain ways. 

try this file: 

Of course, that is just a generic patch, not a precisely dialed in replica. And it certainly doesn't cover the various fx that are thrown in at various spots. 

But between the patch and the guitar, you could start tweaking yourself. 

Attachment Deleted.     

Use this link to download:    

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/1042618/    

Seems like there is an over abundance of people looking for this same type of tone out of their Pod. 

Anyone out there interested in a guitar that sounds like a guitar?

I don't know....Maybe like this.......

I'll take this tone any day of the week!

Well what does a guitar sound like? Is it a nylon string sound? Steel string acoustic? Or maybe we should go all the way back to the first lutes, which had strings made from some unfortunate creature's entrails...those examples certainly are quite different from each other, but they still "sound like guitars". Neither one would be mistaken for a moose or a screech owl...

Seems like there is an over abundance of people looking for this same type of tone out of their Pod. 

Anyone out there interested in a guitar that sounds like a guitar?

I don't know....Maybe like this.......

I'll take this tone any day of the week!

Yeah, speed up 120%, add a ton of distortion and get Vince Neil cousin to sing and they're perfectly alike...

PS: The sound of a guitar makes think things like "The attack of the killer ebony fretboards"...

Well what does a guitar sound like? Is it a nylon string sound? Steel string acoustic? Or maybe we should go all the way back to the first lutes, which had strings made from some unfortunate creature's entrails...those examples certainly are quite different from each other, but they still "sound like guitars". Neither one would be mistaken for a moose or a screech owl...

A Lute is not a guitar...It's a Lute. Certainly a nylon or steel string guitar won't be mistaken for a moose. But I don't know my man...A couple of the harmonics from that clip might be able to pass as a screech owl :P

I love heavy guitar! I like it more like this as opposed to what Santa Claus is doing that's for sure. 

What I was attempting to convey is whenever there is a "How do I get THAT tone" post, it's usually an uber processed "chuga chuga djent djent djent screeeeeech owl" metal tone people want. No one EVER wants learn how to get a Robben tone, or a Larry Carlton tone,, or a Scott Henderson tone or even a Jeff Beck tone who is known to process his tone pretty heavily at times.

I guess what I meant by "a guitar that sounds like a guitar" is I don't play Metal. The tones I like and use are not processed like the Santa Claus tone. So I am always looking for kindred spirits out there who use less processed Metal tones and can throw me nugget on a more bluesy warm, round tone.

For what its worth though...that Santa Claus tone is really good for what it is!

I hear you Tboneous. I rarely see people creating tones for the HD500 or even wanting to create tones that I am into. I guess it also happens that all of those guys are tremendous players and even with their basic tone I would never sound like them.

-Max

This is the tone I struggle to get... any help appreciated...

That tone sounds similar to Guthrie Govan.

A suggestion might be a dual cab setup with two xxl v-30s, one with a 57 off-axis and the other an 87 condenser. For the amp maybe a soldano overdrive with a tube drive in front, and very little distortion. See attached file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id3DyawANmI

hd500x.unamed.zip

dual cab (left/right) Tube drive, all tones knobs neutral (50%) gain/output to preference into a  Brit 2204 (Default Cab/mic) filters for 100k highpass, 6k low pass and 4 db cut at 2.6k on the end that will get you roughly in the ball park

I saw this. If you get the tone I was looking for please let me know :D

I don't want to use too much stuff in the signal chain like lot of EQs and stuff, takes up DSP, would be cool to have the tone out of one amp :S I can't get close to that tone, all of them that have powerfull mids, sound boxy

I think I got it, at least, got pretty close to it. Also with my guitar that has X2N in it, has a lot more of that strong mid range with my subline pickups, probably an EVO would sound even better:

http://www.megafileupload.com/Xe5/metalrocktone.mp3

That sounds good. To my ears, it might be slightly mid heavy and not quite enough highs, or a slight imbalance between highs and mids. But the basic tonal structure sounds good.

• 1 month later...