Sign in to follow this  
cookiedude86

Fx100 with loop pedal?

Hi guys

I'm taking baby steps into the looping world and have paired my Fx100 with a friends Boss RC1 pedal, it's simple enough to create a loop and solo over the top however I'm stuck on s particular aspect. If I want to use one bunch of settings for a chord progression (which the looper records), and then kick up the distortion for my soloing how do I do this? I naively thought I could just adjust the settings on the fx100 but when I do it applies the new settings to the chord progression as well. How can I get around this?

I will stress that I'm a complete noob when it comes to connecting various pedals together so I could be setting up wrong. Currently I'm going guitar into loop pedal into fx100 and outputting to headphones.nit makes sense to me but as mentioned I can't work out how tweak the settings for my live playing without it affecting the looped chord progression.

Thanks all

Go guitar>fx100>looper>headphones

That's if the looper has a headphone jack

What your doing wrong is the looper is feeding the fx100 so as soon as you change patches the looped guitar changes too, if the looper is last you can use different patches and the looped sound will stay as you intended

Hi thanks for that

Whilst that has fixed the issue I mentioned above, it has created another problem in that sound now only arrives via my right headphone. Any thoughts?

You might need a headphone splitter so you can plug into the left and right stereo output of the looper or you might be able to set the looper to output in mono

I'm not familiar with the looper model you're using but you could Google the make and model for a downloadable manual