Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Improved Flextone III XL

Hi

Just wanted to share this with you all, as I am finally happy with my guitar rig.

I have ripped my Flex apart, and converted it into a head & 2 1x12 cabs.  I got a couple of old Peavey PA cabs, cut the tops off to make them square, and fitted the speakers into them.  I just built a wooden case for the head when it came out of the original body.

I am using a BOSS GT-100 going straight into the FX return of the Flextone, with a blank plug in the input socket.  It bypasses all the FLex FX, but the GT-100 is so awesome I don't care!

The Flex just now works as a fantastic 150W stereo amp, and I can spread the speakers out to get the full effect of the stereo across the stage.

You could do the same, and still use the onboard Flex FX too.  Spreading it out makes it sound glorious.  It also has the added bonus that you can lift the sodding thing without inducing a hernia every time - lol!