Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FS1-8 assigned for patch change

Alsklaftsk123

maybe, and if it did work, I think the programming would be quite busy....Basically, you run in FS1-8 mode and disable the FS assignments to any block in the patch....Instead you program each of the 8 FS with a PC midi PC (Program Change) message and connect the midi out to the midi in....and repeat on every patch you want this on...On paper it looks like it "might" work...But I think things like the looper or anything that always sends midi messages might make for some weird behavior....

Hm.... I really think line 6 shuld release a ABCDEFGH option for this.

Anyway, i've been thinking about buying an external midi controller to switch patches and keep the pod itseld in fs1-8 mode. In this way i switch patches with the external controller and switch pedals with the pod itself (this will work right?).

• Upvote 1

Anyway, i've been thinking about buying an external midi controller to switch patches and keep the pod itseld in fs1-8 mode. In this way i switch patches with the external controller and switch pedals with the pod itself (this will work right?).

Yep that will work and is actually a pretty cool idea!

So nice to hear! Is it possible to assign different patches to different midi cc's? Lets say i got an external fotswitch sending cc00-cc15, could i program the patches to theese signals so it would match up?

I was looking at the randall Rf8 wich seems perfect for this.

After looking thru the manual... it looks like you can do it either way:

You can use MIDI to turn on and off FX, the looper, tuner etc, and change patches from the HD500X buttons.

or

Use MIDI to change patches via a controller and use the buttons on the HD500X to turn on/off FX, Looper, etc.

It also looks like Patch changes via MIDI are done thru fixed messages - From the Manual:

Load Set List:
From your MIDI controller device, send a Bank Change CC0 (Bank MSB), CC32 (LSB) message with a value of 0 (for Setlist 1), 1 (for Setlist 2), etc., followed by a Program Change message (Value 0-63 for Preset 01A - 16D) for the desired Preset within the Set List. The Set List and Preset are loaded on POD HD500X.

Load a Preset within the current Set List:
Send a Program Change message (Value 0-63 for Preset 01A - 16D) for the desired Preset within the current Set List

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'm now using spaceatl's midi out to midi in approach to achieve an abcd efgh patch setup.

Thanks for that, seems to be working fine so far!

I bought the HD500X without doing research if this kind of setup was possible (as to me it seemed an obvious thing to implement) and if I hadn't found this thread I would have sent it back, as it would have been useless for what I'm doing with it.

I really think line6 should include this option in a software update in the near future, maybe we should open a request thread or something..

• Upvote 1

Something just occured to me that I'd appreciate some help with - First off, I'm a total MIDI Noob, so bear with me if what I'm going to ask is completely ridiculous.

Here goes: it would be really awesome if I could use the POD's Midi to switch the channels on my Engl Gig Master Amp in addition to switching the patches on the POD itself. Do you think this would be possible somehow if I got a Midi Y cable and went into a Midi switcher as well as going back into the POD? The Midi Switcher could then only receive the same commands as the POD, right?

Any advice/suggestions maybe?

This wouldn't be as complicated if I didn't already have to use the MIDI out to switch patches :/

Connect MIDI in to MIDI out via MIDI Cable.

Make sure you're running in FS 1-8 Mode

Go into your HD500 Edit Program, in Controllers->MIDI ASSIGN map the footswitch numbers fs1-8 to the PROGRAM #. Leave the MIDI CHANNEL at 01

i.e.: FS2 --> PROGRAM # 002

hope this helps, worked for me certainly.