Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Woooossshhh.......That was the QSC Touchmix

FYI.  QSC's just released firmware just added Android support to the Touchmix series mixers.  In addition:

• Support for MIDI-over-USB Footswitches
  • Option to Omit Output Settings from Scene Recall
  • Multi Language Info System - In addition to English, the mixer’s built-in Info system and demo screens now include user selectable options for Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Russian and Spanish
  • Auxes to Main L/R Assignability -The auxiliary buses may now be assigned to the Main Left and Right outputs, allowing any auxiliary to function as a sub-group.

Those are the kind of firmware updates that I expected from the M20D.  A great example of a company listening to it's customers.

I don't have upgradeitis and am happy with my M20d as it is.  HOWEVER, here's how L6's deafening silence in the mixer world can hurt them.

I'm considering buying some more speakers to augment my current setup.  The MAIN advantage of the Line6 speaker line was Line6 Link.  If Line6 link is a dead end, why would I buy L2's vs K10's?  So right now, even though I have the $$$, I'm holding off and considering a different company for my speakers just because I think Line6 link is going to be worthless to me in the future.

I think the company should do something material and concrete to show that they still have the intention of slugging it out in this market.

For you guys who find 16 inputs insufficient, I say, you will always have less inputs than your band wants you to have.  Physical law of nature.  And someday when your PA has expanded past all possible limitations of inputs, your band will complain that it takes too long to sound check / set up / tear down the PA.  16 is a good number for me, gives me a reason to say, "No! we're not miking the f-ing cowbell!"

Personally, I find the 4 aux's more restrictive than the 16 inputs.

If it was possible I would dearly love to see the option for main outs to become aux's when using Line6 link, even if they were totally dry.

they added L6Link to the yet to be released Helix....

Line6Link is here to stay.

i believe all the speakers also have other inputs, so even if Line6Link went away... the speakers would remain as useful as the competitors.

I don't have upgradeitis and am happy with my M20d as it is.  HOWEVER, here's how L6's deafening silence in the mixer world can hurt them.

I'm considering buying some more speakers to augment my current setup.  The MAIN advantage of the Line6 speaker line was Line6 Link.  If Line6 link is a dead end, why would I buy L2's vs K10's?  So right now, even though I have the $$$, I'm holding off and considering a different company for my speakers just because I think Line6 link is going to be worthless to me in the future.

I think the company should do something material and concrete to show that they still have the intention of slugging it out in this market.

I like the Aux idea.  Maybe you can put a feature request in Idealscale and watch it get ignored like all the other customer suggested feature requests  :lol:

That idea has been in ideascale for a while.  I already voted it up, you should to.

they added L6Link to the yet to be released Helix....

Line6Link is here to stay.

i believe all the speakers also have other inputs, so even if Line6Link went away... the speakers would remain as useful as the competitors.

Line 6 link without a mixer that uses line 6 link is of limited value.

Line6 link on helix is of limited use to DT amp owners and is only good for running your Helix direct to a speaker...which you would then run out the back of with a 1/4 inch to the board.  Doesn't this sound redundant?

At the same time, a QSC K10 is an amazing speaker for $50 less than an L2M.  I like my L2's but I have some QSC's too and I can't knock them.  The question is, is the utiltiy of Line6 link with a mixer worth $100 for a pair of speakers?

Well, it might be if the company took some concrete steps to show that this wasn't just a flash, one-off attempt at a mixer.  Honestly, it ain't to hard to create a buzz...and the silence is deafening.

Just a thought I had whilst working two bands at the weekend. I had used all the inputs on the M20 and saved the first setup and I then had and remove all the input XLRs and Jacks, then plumb the second band in on a separate "snake and do their setup. I had to do this 6 times during the evening. We use the L6 link for our output to the speakers. When we were stripping the rig down it occurred to me that It may be possible to use a second M20 or indeed any other mixer but use the outs into the first speaker in the line at which point the L6 link would take care of the rest? 

Has anyone tried this? Is it feasible? 

Just a thought I had whilst working two bands at the weekend. I had used all the inputs on the M20 and saved the first setup and I then had and remove all the input XLRs and Jacks, then plumb the second band in on a separate "snake and do their setup. I had to do this 6 times during the evening. We use the L6 link for our output to the speakers. When we were stripping the rig down it occurred to me that It may be possible to use a second M20 or indeed any other mixer but use the outs into the first speaker in the line at which point the L6 link would take care of the rest? 

Has anyone tried this? Is it feasible? 

Your saying run 1 m20D via Line6 link to the speakers and run a 2nd M20D to just the first speaker in the chain "the old way"

I don't think that works but I haven't tried it.

However, I think you could run the 2nd M20D to all the speakers the old-fasioned way simultaneously.

Check out this Anderton review video of the new Line 6 Helix pedal, wherein the Anderton Music guy speaks of the return of the original founder to Line 6, and their desire in his opinion, to become the leader of guitar modelers again, getting away from other things like PA gear and such.  Starts around 4 minutes into the video.

Not intending to create an argument, but two flaws...

The guy speaking isn't from Line 6, he's from Anderton's

The second flaw is that the desire to become the leader in guitar modelers again and thus stopping their other fuares into "PA and mics, as good as they have been" is purely speculation. Have you seen the press release where this has been announced?

So, no further proof, just speculation.

Sorry for the confusion.  You are correct about the Line 6 guy.

No.  I have not seen any press releases pointing either direction.  Matter of fact, I haven't heard or seen anything related to Line 6's PA product line.  Based on that fact, I'm inclined to agree with the comments, and state that it is only speculation.

My view is that while Line 6 appears to be a giant company with worldwide scope, in practice it is actually relatively small and the number of people with the skill set to develop the products is limited.  I get the impressions that they work the product range in cycles depending on perceived urgency, and the current priority is Helix so everything else is ignored.

These days it is possible to get an impression of what is going on inside a company and how they work without going there, and the information and implications based on that content are quite revealing.  Look at this page for example:

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Line-6-Reviews-E14108.htm