Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

NO sound after 2.62..

tormod1

I just updated my POD HD500 to v2.62, and i get NO SOUND whatsoever.

I had this problem with another update, solved it then with rolling back to an earlier version.

With the new amps in, I can't do that now...

Anyone with the same problem?

I use my POD with DT25 via L6 Link..

I just updated my POD HD500 to v2.62, and i get NO SOUND whatsoever.

I had this problem with another update, solved it then with rolling back to an earlier version.

With the new amps in, I can't do that now...

Anyone with the same problem?

I use my POD with DT25 via L6 Link..

1. did you use your pod after the update but before the packs? so that we can narrow down if its a problem that happened with the update or with the packs.  

2. did you disconnect your other gear when installing stuff? 

3. you try any other outputs? 

4. did you go and set up all of your settings after the update? some of the things we forgot we set up years ago will get reset back to their default. 

This has happened to me before and muchto my chagrin, its generally because the new patches have different inputs assigned and I didn't notice.  Check to see that the inputs are matching up with the gear you are using.  The other typical problem comes from putting volume pedals in the patch and saving with zero output.  Make sure your expression pedal is calibrated and just give it a quick swipe from zero to full volume and see what happens.  I personally take the volume pedals out but that's just me...

I installed 2.62 and the new amps at the same time.

Did not disconnect my other gear while opdating..

Did not try other outputs

Tried to check my settings (which should I check...)

And yes, global reset has been done.

I have contacted Line6, but I'm about to give up.....

Tried the patch, and got sound with it.

I doubt this has anything to do with it, just an idea, but the patch is really loud with the tube compressor after the amp - its level is at 72%. Some DAWs have an automatic mute when too much signal is encountered. Perhaps there's something in your chain of gear with a similar "feature", not necessarily a DAW.

• 2 weeks later...

Line6 got back on the support ticket. I told them I had rolled back to previous firmware, and when I installed 2.10, I got sound.

NO updates after that works on my POD. They then told me it's a hardware issue, and I should contact my local service senter.

Hardware issue?? How can a software update that goes wrong be a hardware issue?

Very disappointed with Line6 now....

They may be right.  New FW uses the HW slightly differently so there is always the possibility that a HW problem is brought out by a FW change.  Since most units are working fine with the new FW, there has to be something different with yours so that is probably why they are saying yours needs to be looked at.  Troubleshooting long distance is a crap shoot at best.

I remember with the X3 Live product there was a hardware issue with the USB chip that was only problematic with certain chipsets on the connected PC. Some X3 users never experienced any problem unit they upgraded to a new computer. Suddenly a latent hardware issue in the X3 became evident.

I know this is not an exact analogy, but the point is that hardware problems can show up later rather than sooner in some cases.

One risk of FW updates in the field is that they may bring out a HW problem in some units that did not show up in final test in the factory.  My recommendation would be to stick with the older rev FW if it works unless your unit is still under warrantee.  If it is, you could send it in and get it fixed.

• 9 months later...

It's not a hardware issue! I had the same issue but the latest firmware was already installed in my POD HD500. Using the L6 Link to my DT50 everything was fine for a few months and then right before the second set I heard a digital popping on tempo sound. Looked down at my tap tempo and it was in sync with the sound. Then nothing, I had no sound. But I can plug directly into the amp and all is well. This is a software glitch X10 and We need a hot fix. 

• Upvote 1