Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

It's the expression pedal, isn't it?

I just got myself a shortboard mkii to use with my POD HD ProX, and I've hooked up a Mission Engineering GC-EXP1-Pro expression pedal to the expression jack. The FBV will recognise the expression pedal for a limited time, and then the expression pedal led will turn off (meaning, no more expression pedal recognised). Is this typical of a non-Line6 expression pedal? What's odd is that I've been using this Mission expression pedal with my POD HD500 with no problems. So I am inclined to think that the expression pedal isn't the problem. 

What do you guys think? It's the expression pedal, isn't it? 

Here are some tidbits of the support response I got from Mission (future reference for anyone that might have the same problem):

"The GC-EXP1-PRO is a TRS expression pedal as you correctly mention. The Line 6 products are designed to use a TS expression pedal."

"The GC-EXP1-PRO may work with some an not with others, the expression pedal interfaces on some Line 6 equipment is more tolerant of different pedals than others."

I guess I'm going to have to take the "financial plunge" and purchase another expression pedal. The fact that "some Line 6 equipment is more tolerant of different pedals than others" is curious to me, as I, with my very limited understanding of electronics, can't seem to understand how that would happen. Either way, props to Mission Engineering for responding to my question within 15 minutes of sending a support email. 

• 2 weeks later...

So here's an update:

I got myself a Line 6 Mission Expression Pedal, and the same thing is happening: The expression pedal connects when the cable connects, but will disconnect on it's own with the cable still connected. I tried other cables, and the same thing happens. Within 2-3 minutes of being plugged in, the expression pedal "disconnects" and is not recognized. 

Any thoughts? Should I open up the FBV? 

• 4 weeks later...

hello guys

I have the same problem since i update my device.

So i rollback the flash memory (2.62 to 1.32 version) with line 6 monkey and it works since few days. I hope it will continu!!!

My opinion, the problem comes from the new version of the flash memory that has some bugs.

I invite you to do the same manipulations in order to confirm.

Good luck