Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EXP1 Won't Change Parameters Correctly --- new bug?

PeterHamm

I just downloaded the new firmware and the HD model packs for my HD 500. I'm delighted, especially with the Pete Anderson Amp, the Bright Fawn AC 30 and the acoustic model, which is allowing me to do everything with my HD now instead of adding on other devices. Yay.

But one thing I like to do is use EXP 1 to change amp settings, from heel down - clean ... to toe down - dirty ... at the same time, I adjust it so that the mix parameter on my delays changes, so that when it's super clean, the delay is very in your face and when it's super dirty the delay is more subtle.

But it isn't working. No matter what I set, the device seems to arbitrarily change the mix, not based on the numbers I put in, but something else...

Seems like a bug. Anybody else?

And yes, I'm doing it correctly. Whether I program it using the HD software (which is a pain in the a$$ for this particular operation) or on the unit itself, it does the same thing.

Just to confirm - you did perform the Global reset and the Pedal Calibration again after the fw update?

I don't know that I did either. I never had to before, and for this only happens with some parameters, most notably delay mix. All the amp parameters I'm changing are working just fine, so can it really be this?

edstar1960's suggestion should work. I had similar problems when I first updated; the pedal would not reach 100% values sporadically and my EXP-2 pedal would become undetected. The Global reset and pedal calibration fixed it thankfully.

It's a good idea to do the System Reset this time on this update...Main reason is that the Setup pages have been changed a bit and there are new global vars that were not there before...

Make sure that your Wah led is not on....As you probably know, the toeswitch toggles Volume/Wah mode that correlates to the active Exp of the pedal......

I don't know that I did either. I never had to before, and for this only happens with some parameters, most notably delay mix. All the amp parameters I'm changing are working just fine, so can it really be this?

Resetting Global parameters is good standard practice after any fw upgrade, as well as re-calibrating your expression pedal.

Line 6 included the recommendation in the release notes for v2.62:

Known Issues
Set List Names—If during the update process new presets are optionally loaded to overwrite the previous set, Set List names may not correlate to the new presets appropriately. This is because renaming Set Lists is not a part of the firmware update process. Set List names may be changed in the hardware using a variety of methods:
  • System Reset—Pressing (and holding down) the four-way navigation pad to the left while powering up will perform a Global Settings reset. This action will reset all settings to their factory default and requires a recalibration of the on-board expression pedal. Instructions for pedal calibration can be found here. Due to the pedal recalibration, it is generally recommended to update the Set List names using the manual method described below.
  • Manual—Set Lists may be renamed manually by simply highlighting a Set List name and pressing the SAVE button. Use the four encoders beneath the main display and press SAVE to complete.

Here is the link to the Expression pedal calibration process:   http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd500-hd500x/pod-hd500xhd500-pedal-calibration-r161

That should resolve your issues - if not then you can try a complete re-flash and another global reset, and another pedal calibration, and if it still fails then raise a support ticket with Line 6.

Good luck.