Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69S Model Select Knob

I own the JTV69S, have had it for approx. 3 yrs now, hadn't played it for a while and got it out to do the firmware updates, all went well. However when turning the model select knob the chrome knurled center part just came loose and lifted off. Any idea how to fix that or do I need a new one.

TomR

OK, thanks for the replies. Although it is metal to metal not sure how well glue will hold. Looking at it, it doesn't look like it was glued before, must have been an interference fit.

Mine is still intact, so I don't know for sure...but I seriously doubt it's metal. Most likely chromed plastic...that's what mine feels like.

Just picked it up again, it's definately chromed metal, it's to heavy to be plastic. That whole model select knob is a three piece unit, a notched inter plastic part then a sleeve with the model names slides over that, then the knurled chrome knob that slides down inside the notched inter plastic part.

I did wrap the barrel of the chrome top part with scotch tape and it did tighten up when It was pushed down in, but can still be pulled off with a little pulling.

So I guess it's glue chrome to plastic. I'll give it a try

Thanks

TomR

Just picked it up again, it's definately chromed metal, it's to heavy to be plastic. That whole model select knob is a three piece unit, a notched inter plastic part then a sleeve with the model names slides over that, then the knurled chrome knob that slides down inside the notched inter plastic part.

I did wrap the barrel of the chrome top part with scotch tape and it did tighten up when It was pushed down in, but can still be pulled off with a little pulling.

So I guess it's glue chrome to plastic. I'll give it a try

Thanks

TomR

Fair enough...so I guess that makes these knobs slightly less crappy than I thought! :D

No, I'm not that stupid. I still think something is missing, I believe there is supposed to be a fourth piece to that knob, maybe a metal sleeve that fits over the flat shaft that holds the chrome knob to the plastic inter piece.

I'm trying to post a picture of what I have but can't figure out how to get it into My Media here on the board.

TomR

Thanks Triryche I see the attach file selector now.

Ok so here's what the knob looks like inside. However after doing a Google search, it sent me back here with other posters with this problem back in 2013 and most just glued the knob back on.

post-175827-0-77656300-1429299875_thumb.jpg

OK, in case anyone else is interested, I used Loctite (15 sec.) super glue around the perimeter of the inter plastic piece and held the chrome metal knob on there for 30 to 45 sec. Then didn't use it for 24 hrs. Seems pretty tight, will it last ?????????

TomR

OK, in case anyone else is interested, I used Loctite (15 sec.) super glue around the perimeter of the inter plastic piece and held the chrome metal knob on there for 30 to 45 sec. Then didn't use it for 24 hrs. Seems pretty tight, will it last ?????????

TomR

It will as long as you don't tug on it like a crazy monkey trying to intentionally take it off.

TomR

The same thing happened to me, and I did the same sort of thing you did here. That was over two years ago, I believe, and it's been fine. I don't know why they don't use a stronger adhesive in the first place, but luckily, this is one thing that's really easy to fix.

• Upvote 1

If it doesn't work out, www.FullCompass.com has parts for some Line 6 products --

Model Knob for the 69 & 69S:
http://www.fullcompass.com/product/466675.html

Model Knob for the 59 (They say 59P, but it'd be the same for all 59's):
http://www.fullcompass.com/product/465643.html

I bought one as a spare for my 59, and a 3-way switch for it, both to just to have on hand. They didn't have the 69 Model Switch at the time, do now, though. I also saw a very cool white pearloid face plate for the 69S -- I have a Shore Line Gold 69S, would like to replace the light mint colored face plate with the pearloid white.... They have more L6 stuff each time I look...

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Not to keep this coming back, it's not big deal just curiosity, seems to be fixed with the super glue. I still can't believe that chrome knob was glued to that black inter piece from the factory, there wasn't any glue residue on anything. It would be nice to know exactly how those two pieces fit together. Still think something held that chrome knob to that flat shaft part of the interpiece.

TomR