Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Monkey cannot connect to server

mscozza

Hi all, when I try to use Monkey to update my POD HD PRO X it shows an error window (see the attached file).
Obviously the username and password are correct.

1) I don't use popup blockers
2) I've disable antispyware
3) I've disabled antivirus

4) I've disabled firewall.

Nothing changes and it still doesn't work.

In the meantime I've downloaded the needed files and upgraded manually to firmware 2.62, monkey to 1.70, but still no connect.
It seems not to be a big issue so I can still update manually, but the problem is that it seems that I cannot update USB firmware offline (monkey shows I'm stuck at 1.01 when the last version is 1.04 and the firmware update doesn't update the USB).

What can I do? Any suggestion?

post-2146868-0-59716700-1429258687_thumb.jpg

I suggest you uninstall drivers by checking drivers linked to HD Pro in the Line 6 uninstaller in Remove software pgm of your choice.

Disconnect HDPro USB.

Turn off computer.

Reconnect HDPro with USB connected and it will auto locate and install drivers.

Device will now connect.

This has to do with a missing update in Windows.

Sure sounds like an authorization problem still.  Make sure that there are no things running that are preventing your access and make sure you have admin rights.  I have had trouble with Monkey in this way and it took me a while to figure out how to get my system to allow it to run.  It does things that trigger all of the protective software to step in and stop it.

The strange thing is that when I installed Line6 products, some months ago, they worked in the proper way for a while, than they started to have this problem.
My PC, software, router and firewall setting are still the same. Obviously I tried to disable them all, but nothing changed.
Also trying to connect using License Manager fails.
It seems like I'm trying to connect using a bad username/pw, but they are the same I use when I connect directly on the website and obviously they are correct.
I also tried to change the password, but nothing changes.

Chances are, it's a corrupt default.cfg file.

Try this first:

Close any open Line 6 programs. Then delete the contents of this directory:

C:\Users\username\Application Data\Line 6\Line 6 Monkey

if that doesn't work, then try this:

(You'll need to have administrative rights on your computer)

2)open a command prompt and type (without the quotes)   "netsh interface ip delete arpcache" then hit the enter key.

If neither one of those works, you could always try changing the ip addresses of the DNS servers that you are using.

My first bet would be the corrupt .cfg file