Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

List of factory supplied preset information

jdavidboyd

Is there a list anywhere that breaks down the preloaded factory presets?  Which amp, which effects, etc?

Sure, I can load the preset, view the parameters, and figure it out, but I'd like to see all them at one time, and pick and choose in my brain before I start to adjust with my amp.

Anyone know of the location of such a list?

Dave in Hudson, FL

Thanks, I appreciate the links, but that is exactly NOT what I am looking for.  

The amplifipresets list (your second link) is to me, the top level of what I am looking for.  

What I want is a document that takes the amplifi preset list as a starting point, and expands upon each preset to tell

1. what gate

2. what wah

3. what stomp

4. what amp/cab

5. what comp
6. what eq
7. what vol
8. what delay
9. what reverb

and then drill down farther to show all the parameters for each of the above.  That way I can tell how they got the sounds they got, without having to load the preset into the editor and then writing it all down.

There must be a list like that, as they load the presets from some specification.

Worst case scenario, I will have to sit down with the amp and my tablet, and start taking notes....

Dave

There is no text-based listing of the factory presets such as you are requesting.

The electronic documentation provided by Line 6 is in the form of the preset file and the AMPLIFi app. That's it. If you want text-based format you will have to create your own. If you want graphic-based format perhaps there's a way to print the desired screen displays from the app; I don't know how to do that - but I expect 'there's an app for that'.

So somewhere a programmer has encoded a binary blob that contains the data that is placed into the amp as presets?  

There must still be a list somewhere of what the settings are.  

But not for general publication I guess.  

Bummer.

So somewhere a programmer has encoded a binary blob that contains the data that is placed into the amp as presets?  

There must still be a list somewhere of what the settings are.  

Clearly the former is true. In my several years here I have never seen any evidence of the latter, in any product line - except in the device editor.

Thanks, I appreciate the links, but that is exactly NOT what I am looking for.  

The amplifipresets list (your second link) is to me, the top level of what I am looking for.  

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were looking for something that detailed.  I read too quickly, thought you were a new user looking for more info about the models and effects.  I think you're going to have to just open the patches manually and record the specifics then.