Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 - very happy!

After having two Variax 500's and now an 89f and 59p, I have to confess that I have not used a magnetic pickup in 15 years. Not even once! I have never had a problem with firmware updates or software. Only a few piezo issues in all this time. I've used Pod Pro, XT live, HD500, Pod Farm and have always been able to get "the sound". I've done many shows and events, indoor and outdoor, at Disney World, played in many different bands of all styles as well as doing a single act with midi sequences which I currently do at a local cantina in my new home of Baja California, MX. My 73 Les Paul(bought new) and Fender Blues Deluxe are under the stairs in cases, all my Tobias custom guitars are sold...I, for one am never looking back...

Just wanting to share my experience... I know that this approach is not for everyone, but to have an extremely versatile rig for a couple thousand bucks is amazing... And it keeps getting better all the time.

ross

• Upvote 5

And there ya go - doesn't get any better than that.  These boards - understandably - tend to have the problems and negatives front and center,  nice to have an unabashed testimonial from the bright side.  It's working for ya - keep on pickin'!

• Upvote 1

I am still learning to play but when I picked up my first Line 6 product, a POD HD400, up in trade and it opened a whole new world for me as a player. I am currently rocking a POD HD500, Variax JTV69-S and a Spider Valve MKI.

When I first bought my Variax I excitedly rushed home to play the opening of Paint it Black with the Sitar...and then it dawned on me. What if I played that same opening with the built in Banjo? Now I feel free to change things up all the time! 

I have my first Open Mic night scheduled for the first week of May and am looking forward to it, confident that the sounds I get at home will be the sounds I will get on stage because the POD HD500 is rock solid. 

I think Line 6 has a negative reputation with a certain segment of the music playing population. When I first purchased the Spider Valve MKI off Kijiji, most of my friends laughed at me. I brought it to a Jam and one by one watched their laughing faces turn to drooling open mouth breathers as they couldn't believe the sounds I could get from the 8 built in amps! 

What other company has a guitar designed in collaboration with James Tyler AND amps designed in collaboration with Reinhold Bogner!

• Upvote 1

After having two Variax 500's and now an 89f and 59p, I have to confess that I have not used a magnetic pickup in 15 years. Not even once! I have never had a problem with firmware updates or software. Only a few piezo issues in all this time. I've used Pod Pro, XT live, HD500, Pod Farm and have always been able to get "the sound". I've done many shows and events, indoor and outdoor, at Disney World, played in many different bands of all styles as well as doing a single act with midi sequences which I currently do at a local cantina in my new home of Baja California, MX. My 73 Les Paul(bought new) and Fender Blues Deluxe are under the stairs in cases, all my Tobias custom guitars are sold...I, for one am never looking back...

Just wanting to share my experience... I know that this approach is not for everyone, but to have an extremely versatile rig for a couple thousand bucks is amazing... And it keeps getting better all the time.

ross

I love a good success story! Hope it gets even better for ya.

I don't have a Variax or really need one yet. I would like one but the guitars I have are working great and I've learned how to work things pretty good for what I do. Maybe someday I'll have one and then all my other geeetars will hang as art work and played every now and then when the dust gets knocked off them, lol.

We do tend to hear a lot of complaints' and problems with gear on these forums; it's nice to have a breath of fresh air, and a different perspective.

You realize that the people who are going to come to these boards are people with problems because it's a SUPPORT forum? It's not really a discussion forum, but it can be.

You realize that the people who are going to come to these boards are people with problems because it's a SUPPORT forum? It's not really a discussion forum, but it can be.

You are right clayman, it is a support forum, so one would expect complaints.

Check my post in the lounge for a different perspective.

• 1 year later...

Friends, anyone faced with a lack of sound through VDI cable connected to the POD HD PRO? And I still have not displayed VARYAX guitar model and you can not change tuning strings of POD HD PRO...

Dude...if you're actually having problems, posting in an 18 month old thread titled "Line 6 - Very happy!" is probably not the best way to get the right sets of eyeballs to read your post.