Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 firmwire update problems

BigWoolyMammoth

Update/failed check usb connection...followed directions perfectly... If I could get a overview. I use android and ios, It says put in update mode(press and hold tone and tempo while powering on) says light pop no lights, well i get the pop but the tone light comes on...confused. Annoying me....please help

If you are having problems with the USB update, try another computer or update via Bluetooth with an iOS device.

Once you have the current firmware you will also be able to update in the future with compatible Android device.

• Downvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i got my amplifi 75 today and i downloaded the line 6 updater and then the directions said sign in and that my device should be there. my amp is connected to my computer but all it says is select a device to update but there is nothing for me to select? is my amp just not connected to my computer correctly? its connected through usb like its supposed to be. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

so i got my amplifi 75 today and i downloaded the line 6 updater and then the directions said sign in and that my device should be there. my amp is connected to my computer but all it says is select a device to update but there is nothing for me to select? is my amp just not connected to my computer correctly? its connected through usb like its supposed to be. 

I need help on this. Followed the BAD instructions and did the updater, signed in and NOTHING in the update equipment list. It really should not take HOURS to update a product.What on earth is going on with this product!?!?! 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have today tried to update my  amplify 150 but the update failed and now the bluetooth does not flash or connect to my IOS device. Also when looking at Line 6 software I can not get to page where I can down load any soft ware to my windows device to do a USB update. There is a loop this page http://line6.com/support/topic/16490-amplifi-firmware-2502-improves-bluetooth-stability-adds-assign-to-pedal-feature/

I end up at the same page every time. How do I get the software?

I don't know why Line 6 has to make this process so hard, their article about this is almost 2 years out of date and references software that, afaik, doesn't exist anymore.

So I had the same issue where updating via iOS over bluetooth inexplicably failed, leaving my brand new Amplifi 75 in "recovery mode" (lights flashing).

Trying to set my amp into "update mode" showed all lights lit solid (not all lights out as this article says).

IGNORE THAT ARTICLE!!!

Here is what you do:

Go to  http://line6.com/software
Download the latest update of both the Line 6 Driver2 and the Line 6 Updater. 

Install both.  If you install the Updater without the Driver, the Updater will not see your device to update and it's totally not obvious what's wrong. Once you have the driver, it works peachy. 
In my case, I did not have to put the amp into update mode, it worked fine from the recovery mode it was starting up in.

These instructions should work until Line 6 renames their utilities again and/or revamps the procedure.  I don't know why Line 6 can't do things like make their software intuitive or keep their Knowledge Base up-to-date but from a long time user, they've been this way for years.  I work IT doing some pretty complex stuff and even I'm mystified by their software design choices half the time.  It's all over the place.

• Upvote 2

I just bought this amp and I think it's ridiculous that a lot of the instructions say to go get an Apple product just to get it to update... or to go out and get a different computer. I already spent $1400 on a guitar. I can't stand Apple. I've got a top of the line Android Phone and a decent Windows PC as well.

• 1 month later...

I am at my wits end with my amplifi 150 and trying to update it so I can connect to my phone.

After reading these comments I am going to screenshot all of this and return the product for a refund.

This is the last line6 product I buy considering the lack of support for their product.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issues, will be returning the amp later today. The amp seemed like such a good idea but now seems too good to be true. I refuse to go and buy a cable to run an update via pc, I was in fact appalled the cable didn't come as standard with the amp itself! I have tried to update the amp on my Android Galaxy S7 Edge and my iPad and still no joy. When you have a product that sometimes doesn't even turn on correctly, won't interact with the app it's designed to and won't even update there isn't even any point having to spend your own time trying to resolve the issue. My advice to all is if you can send it back, then do so.

I just got the amp and I'm having the same prob. I'm trying to update it on my iPhone via bluetooth. I just downloaded the remote control app and it has the latest version 2.50.3 inside it. Every time I'm trying to update it, like the say it should be done on youtube etc, it fails every time. Every time it just stops and says, DEVICE UPDATE FAILED :(. That is the message as it was on my phone's screen. That sad smiley doesn't make it any more fun after 10th time. I am really waiting for an answer. Without this update it just doesn't work!

• Upvote 1

I got one more very basic Q. It might sound stupid, but just to make sure. Is it like you can update the Amplifi Frimware with iPhone from the "beginning". The idea is, that you shoulnd't need a MAC for that, but a bluetooth connection and an IOS-device should be enough? I can find my Amplifi with my iPhone and the bluetooth works okay, but I just can't upload the firmware, like I said before, and because of that, I can't control the amp with my phone.

And one more, it would have been nice to have the usb-cable with the amp, if it's that much needed.

I got one more very basic Q. It might sound stupid, but just to make sure. Is it like you can update the Amplifi Frimware with iPhone from the "beginning". The idea is, that you shoulnd't need a MAC for that, but a bluetooth connection and an IOS-device should be enough? I can find my Amplifi with my iPhone and the bluetooth works okay, but I just can't upload the firmware, like I said before, and because of that, I can't control the amp with my phone.

When I first bought mine, the USB option for updating would not work and still doesn't on my Mac, but the iPhone synced immediately and the app alerted me that an update was available. I just followed instructions and the new firmware loaded into the amp, no problem. It took nearly an hour, but it worked fine!

Jim

And one more, it would have been nice to have the usb-cable with the amp, if it's that much needed.

Thanks Jim!! Mine was just the opposite. I bought the USB-cable today and loaded the updater prog to my MAC. With that the update took only few minutes. The amp works now with my iPhone and the sounds are great. The funny thing is that after the firmware was loaded, it just kept me waiting say, that it is still downloading some instructions or so. I let it load that for some 10 min and it seemed that actually nothing was happening. I just cut that "upload" and the program showed me, that the version 2.50.2 was installed. After that I just reset the amp and it started for immediately. One thing to mention. I found out somewhere, that I should press the "Tap" and the "Tone" at the same time and then turn the power on. After it was turned on, I heard a "click" and just after that it was in some sort of "update-mode". When the firmware was installed, I just turned it off and press the vol and tone together, before I turned it on. Anyway, now it works like a charm and it sounds surprisingly good. ATM I'm very happy. Today I tested it with my Flaxwood-guitar that has P90's in it. Today I'll have more time and I'll test it with my Les Paul. Thanks Jim for your answer. I really appreciate it. Cheers.

Hi Antii. I'm really enjoying mine too. The cloud has some surprisingly great tones that you can save to My Tones or to the amp. Some are too radical or gimmicky. You can also play through a powered audio system and play backing tracks or even YouTube videos through the amp. Have fun

Jim

Thanks Jim. I've been goofing around the cloud and I found out, the amp itself has some pretty decent sound in the sound banks. I really dig this amp and it is damn good for training at home and even for small gig's. I got some good tones out of it with my Les Paul. It really is a joy to use. Later I will put my Strat in and try that one too. Thanks for your help mate and all the best.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spent about 4 hours trying to update my new Ampliti TT this morning.....I had absolutely no lock with PC,  just kept saying error after attempting the update and leaving the Amplifi with all 4 tone lights lit.....tried all the instructions i was given and nothing...

I also spent a lot of time trying to update via iOS,  still had no success.....UNTIL in the device selection screen from within the iOS app,  even though the Amplifi is already selected I selected it again for Airplay...once I did this the update started downloading and installing.

Hope this helps save someone else all the frustration i have had this morning trying to update this product,  I hope when playing it I soon forget the pain I have suffered to get this far.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

All the written stuff of Line6 is wrong. I was trying to update my friends AMPLIFY 150 for hours. No success through iphone, PC, nothing. Always error and service not available bla bla bla. But the guy here

I also spent a lot of time trying to update via iOS,  still had no success.....UNTIL in the device selection screen from within the iOS app,  even though the Amplifi is already selected I selected it again for Airplay...once I did this the update started downloading and installing.

Is right! Just turn the AMPLIFi on and off with pressed TAP and TONE until you get TONE AND all 4 lights blinking or lit. Than press bluetooth button to connect to iPhone.

From there the update should start. It took almost forever (I had v1.00 ampifi), so the phone should be charged.

When finished

1.turn amplifi off and turn on with VOLUME and TONE pressed together

2.delete amplifi in iPhone bluetooth settings

3.restart amplifi app

Works like charm.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, take  like 3 hours to find it out:

windows 8.1 amplifi 1.00 trying to upgrade to 2.60.

First install driver and then updater.Then I got upgrade failure.

Press tune and tap together and power cycle amp. It goes to some weird safety mode and then klik  upgrade  and it will pass.