Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vetta HD Won't connect through Mio Midi Cable.

Prestige87

Ok, let me just start off by saying I'm very new to the whole Line 6 Edit program. I bought a Mio USB to Midi cable, downloaded the proper software but my computer can't find my amp. When you plug in the USB cable it makes a noise, nothing happens though. I some how was able to download the driver update through the Monkey but cannot find my amp on my pc. I also tried to register my Vetta but the website wont register my serial number. Wtf is going on with that? I've tried at least a dozen times. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ok, let me just start off by saying I'm very new to the whole Line 6 Edit program. I bought a Mio USB to Midi cable, downloaded the proper software but my computer can't find my amp. When you plug in the USB cable it makes a noise, nothing happens though. I some how was able to download the driver update through the Monkey but cannot find my amp on my pc. I also tried to register my Vetta but the website wont register my serial number. Wtf is going on with that? I've tried at least a dozen times. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wrong cable. It's been reported on here time after time after time that only use the M Audio Uno Cable should be used.

Also MS OSs after XP have been reported to be a problem in the same area.

Get an Uno cable and an XP computer and your problem may be solved.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/uno

You should have no problem using the mio. You should see the mil hardware listed, not the device the connected via DIN. 

If you need any further troubleshooting assistance with your mio hardware and computer, feel free to drop us a line here:

www.iconnectivity.com/forum

Or create a support ticket here for deeper troubleshooting:

www.iconnectivity.com/forum

Cheers!

-JS

Thanks for the info guys, I got the UNO midi cable and it still will not recognize my Vetta HD head. I've updated the drivers and everything the monkey said to do. Further more My Spider Valve MK2 was able to be registered and recognized. But my Vetta cant be registered for some odd reason. And is not detected by the monkey or Line 6 Edit.

Yes, I have drivers for both. Little update, my spider valve will connect but my Vetta will not. Just got off the phone with tech support and they told me the Vettas are old now and can't be serivced. They said it probably just has a bad MIDI output and they could do nothing. They highly recommended not having it fixed also. What a bunch of horse lollipop

This is my first time ever trying to use line 6 edit or anything dealing with a MIDI cable. Needless to say I will never be buying any more Line 6 Products. They're tech support is an absolute joke. I've got a Vetta HD that I cannot utilize custom tones or Armin mod. And I have a Spider Valve amp that is less than 2 years old and broken. 

I agree. Line6's support and support policy leaves a lot to be desired and is not conducive to repeat business. It's a penny wise but pound foolish attitude and is much like shooting one's self in the foot.

Regards of what they say, any truly competent tech with the service info and common test equipment can fix most of what ails a busted Vetta. Age doesn't matter except for a few of the parts specific to that design which are difficult to source but those parts are not failure prone.

Thanks lollipop. I've had a few days to cool down. I've got a full season of gigging to do so I can't really afford to have down time on my Vetta. I still think it is crap Line 6 won't work on the Vetta. The tech support guy was a tool also.

• 1 year later...

Hey Prestige87,

Are you on the East Coast?

I jut got a used Vetta II HD head, and I am having the same problem.  My Spider Valve MK2 works fine.  I have the M Audio UNO with their drivers, from their site, and it does not work.

What is worst, I also have the FBV shortboard, and I should be able to connect through that as well, and that also does not work.

What is funny is that Monkey sees the Vetta head, and even allowed me to register it.  So I know the cable is working, as well as USB and the PC can see the Vetta, just not their edit software.  I tried with Windows 10 x64 and Windows 7 x64, I am going to install XP32 and see if that is better?

Has anyone ever got the Vetta Edit 3.0.6 version to work?

Thanks,

David

I may be able to help with this, I'm just after getting it working.

1) You need a 32-bit operating system, I couldn't get either Monkey or Edit work on 64-bit. My main PC is Windows 7 x64 and it's a no go, so I got an old PC off someone with Windows XP on it. Did not experiment with 32-bit Windows 7 or any other OS.

2) The M-Audio Uno driver version to use is 6.1.2, the latest available from the M-Audio website: select MIDI Interfaces > MIDISPORT Uno USB > Windows XP SP3. The file downloads as Install_M-Audio_MIDISPORT_6_1_2.zip, extract the executable out of it and run it. Do not plug the Uno into the PC until the installation finished! Also make sure you plug the Uno into the back of the PC, the front face USB connectors may be unreliable under XP. You know you got it right when you go to Device Manager in XP (System > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager) and you see the Uno under 'Sound, video and game controllers' as M-Audio MIDISPORT Uno. If it's listed as 'USB audio device' or something like that, then the driver installation is wrong.

3) I updated my Vetta HD from v2.03 to v2.50 using Monkey version 1.31 and the HD is recognised by Monkey straight away. Vetta firmware v2.50 courtesy of sliding_billy (thanks again man!), also available from me now. :)

4) For Edit 3.0.6 I'm using Java version 1.6.0.30. Uninstall every other Java version from the XP computer. My XP PC is not connected to the internet so I downloaded it on the main PC from this page on FileHippo. and transferred to the XP rig on a USB stick. (Warning, the download page autoplays a loud video.) The file saves as jre-6u30-windows-i586.exe. Install this before running the Edit installer.

5) When running the Edit 3.0.6 installer, at the part where you pick out the components to install, leave the 'Java 1.6' unselected, you already have it. :)

6) When Edit first starts up, select the 'using MIDI cables' option at the initial setup, the little window that pops up (similar to the Monkey one) should have your Uno auto selected for the IN and OUT fields, just change the bottom dropdown list to what you have (listed as Vetta II HD or Combo).

Edit will load the tones from the amp for about 45 seconds, then it's ready to use. 

Hope this helps someone. My only issue now is that I cannot for the life of me get this whole thing working in a virtual machine, and I don't have the room to keep a full size PC around just for messing with the Vetta every now and then. If/when I figure out the virtual machine solution I'll be sure to post it.

I finally managed to run it in a virtual machine!

Using newest version of VirtualBox (Version 5.1.4 r110228 as of this writing), with Windows XP Professional SP3 as guest.

The biggest hurdle was to get the guest OS to recognise the Uno. The host would show it as 'captured' but the guest didn't see it at all. As I have an AMD processor, it turned out that the AMD USB filters cause a conflict with the way VirtualBox handles USB, so I had to uninstall them by following this post on the VirtualBox forums. More information about the issue and step-by-step instructions to remedy in this post.

I can post detailed instructions if there is interest.

1EOpl2F.png

Edit: got around to try this in VirtualBox in a Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) guest OS.. of course it works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archie:  I also went to M-Audio for the latest driver.  When I load it it did not list the USB IN or OUT as an option.  So, I deleted it and reloaded the CD with the older version and it showed up again.

After reloading all I have are blank screens on my Vetta Combo...sucks.