Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Factory Presets for HD Model Add-ons?

Forrest

Hello - just got my shiny new HD500x, set it up, and found out that unlike my X3 Live, it did not come with the "extra" amp models installed. OK. So I purchased the HD model pack addons, installed them, and....realized I have no presets for the additional models. I don't mind paying extra for these models, Line 6 has saved me tons of money on equipment. But damn, they don't at least provide a set of add-on presets to go along with them? If I've missed something, please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks guys. I may be an oddball amongst Line6 users, I am not much of a tweaker, I prefer to just modify good sounding presets a little and play- starting from scratch is a little overwhelming when there are so many options, and it's just not my thing. Are there any good bundles of HD500x Amp Pack presets put out by users? 

honestly though.. i've never heard any love for the hd500 presets.... standard models either...  sorry, but yeah they don't have any!

Wow Zap, you forget about me... I am the only one that loved them, remember?

• Upvote 1

I was also amazed that you buy a new set of amp models and Line 6 includes ZERO presets for you to audition the models you just shelled out good money for. Given the range of programming talent of the general public, the new model packs will sound anywhere from total crap to amazing (assuming that amazing is even possible with them). Ultimate judgement will be deferred until someone posts new presets or I get around to it myself. Buy this new product, you will love the way it sounds IF you are able to set it up to sound like something you love. Kind of like buying a sculpture and being delivered a lump of clay. Have at it!

• Upvote 1

I noticed this as well. A lot of the amp models themselves are really good. Panama sounded like total crap though and I can not tolerate the noise long enough to tweak it. I will tell you I did like the Smash amp a lot. I made a simple patch, starting with a noise gate, dual Smash amps, reverb and phase. I cut the phase to .7 and it really reminds me of a Randy Rhoades type sound. I forget where my drives are at the moment, but they are not totally cranked.

A lot of the Vox amp models sound pretty good too.

I too tweak existing preset patches, I do have the Glen Delune patches as well to work with.