Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

help error updating usb firmware to 1.04 on pod hd 500x

youngcristian

Maybe it could be too much stuff on the USB buss. How about unplugging everything but the mouse, keyboard, and HD. Making sure the HD is directly plugged into a port on the computer. Sorry, grabbing at straws here.

If you could update it already once completely, then you might have a chance to get it fixed by yourself.

Try to downlad the firmware from the download page.

Install the latest Monkey again with unplugged POD, but do not open Monkey. Then you reconnect and try to do do a firmware update from the SAVE/Test MODE (unpower the device and reconnect while holding the round to RIGHT navigation button). Start Monkey and retry the firmware offline by selecting the downloaded file.

Never connect you POD over an USB HUB.

If you could update it already once completely, then you might have a chance to get it fixed by yourself.

Try to downlad the firmware from the download page.

Install the latest Monkey again with unplugged POD, but do not open Monkey. Then you reconnect and try to do do a firmware update from the SAVE/Test MODE (unpower the device and reconnect while holding the round to RIGHT navigation button). Start Monkey and retry the firmware offline by selecting the downloaded file.

Never connect you POD over an USB HUB.

I have the pod firmware update the issue is to update the usb firmware to 1.04 and autorize the device in  license manager

I know. I must admit I do not know if the USB update is part of the offline firmware update file.

However, I would start anew if you want a last try.

Disconnect USB. Deinstall Monkey. Reinstall Monkey and all drivers included. Reconnect USB. Use SAFE Mode. Open Monkey and update.

I know. I must admit I do not know if the USB update is part of the offline firmware update file.

However, I would start anew if you want a last try.

Disconnect USB. Deinstall Monkey. Reinstall Monkey and all drivers included. Reconnect USB. Use SAFE Mode. Open Monkey and update.

i tried it and doesnt work, at least i dont wanna fight this more , if in 3 days my tickets doesnt solve my problem , i want to get my money back of the metal bundle , is that possible?

Yes, that's what I wanted to say. Now you have tried everything with confession. Let's see if they have more ideas, otherwise you should exchange the device.

The metal bundle can be applied to all of the registered devices of your account. If you get a new HD500x, just register and you can use your metal pack.

I wonder that Line 6 offers all the downloads (monkey with drivers, editor and firmware 2.62), but there is no USB 1.04 firmware offline installer?

Of course, if you give back the whole device, which means the pack becomes useless, you should ask Line6.

Good Luck!

YES I TRIED  a different usb cable, the ticket response was

Dear customer,

please install the latest driver manually (7.3.7) and try again :

please remove all connected devices to the POD before connecting to Monkey
(like a connected Variax)

the USB firmware cannot be updated ?

Best regards,
Christoph Dégardin
Line 6 Support Europe

BUT I CANT FIND THAT DRIVER ...