Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issues with HD Edit connecting to Pod

spawn2031

Just developed an issue with HD Edit not being able to connect to my POD fully.  I run it and it says there was an issue importing tones and to restart the POD and HD edit and try again.  No effect unfortunately.  The program only displays the tone that I am actually on.  This didn't start until after doing all of the updates around 2.62 and yes, everything is fully updated, USB drivers and all.  The Pod itself seems to work just fine and recording/ playback works fine as well.

Is this is know issue with a quick fix?  I'm away from it right now but when I get home my first thought is to uninstall and reinstall HD edit.

Thanks y'all!

What tones are you trying to import? I have seen this issue in the past with old tones that were created with early versions of the firmware - like pre-v1.8 or so. The issue was a corruption in the old tone files. The workaround was to import the files individually until you found the culprit, then leave it out of the setlist.

EDIT: The issue was resolved as of firmware v1.43. Presets created in earlier firmware may be corrupted. Here's a snip from the release notes:

...... POD HD500 firmware v1.43 POD and HD500 Edit v1.08 prevents invalid data from being introduced into presets......

What tones are you trying to import? I have seen this issue in the past with old tones that were created with early versions of the firmware - like pre-v1.8 or so. The issue was a corruption in the old tone files. The workaround was to import the files individually until you found the culprit, then leave it out of the setlist.

EDIT: The issue was resolved as of firmware v1.43. Presets created in earlier firmware may be corrupted. Here's a snip from the release notes:

...... POD HD500 firmware v1.43 POD and HD500 Edit v1.08 prevents invalid data from being introduced into presets......

This happens when Edit fires up and is syncing with the pod.  These are tones that have been on there and working as of the last FW update (2.61).  I know for a fact I have used HD Edit since then but it was after this latest update to 2.62 that the issue began.  

Should I do as gloc suggested?  Backup all my tones to setlists, do a global reset and bring them back in?

FYI guys, it ended up NOT being the above issue.  Somehow the drivers on my laptop had gotten corrupted and was solved by a quick re-install of HD Edit.  Still I am sure that doing the reset helped something somewhere that I might not have run into yet. 

Yes.

just 2 verify,

under 2.62, does the global reset proc also reset the settings of the GEQ  2 factory defaults?

Lo Cut   = 20Hz

Low      = 150Hz

Mid      = 1.8KHz

High     = 8.0KHz

High Cut = 20Khz

All Qs   = 0.7

All Gains= 0.0dB

The EQ default status= ON.