Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

mod duo + pod = axe territory

banjomaster

i wonder if this would be a nice add on to the pod500x , it seems to run a lot of effects

kinda like vst's , its linux based

im not sure if it as powerfull as pod running a tigersharc,but i picture this duo mod on the top

of my amp beeing controlled by the pod,kinda bringing it all up to axe fx level,

anyone heard one of these mini linux multi effect things ??

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modduo/mod-duo-the-limitless-multi-effects-pedal

I saw this on Kickstarter when the campaign was active. Its not a bad idea and will likely be a great device. I just wasn't willing to spend the money until I saw a few in the hands of the people.

the pod HD500/x runs a SHARC not the TigarSHARC version, that dsp costs around £300 just for the chip alone, where as the pod hd500/X dsp cost around £15-20 there is a massive deference between the HD500/x SHARC Based dsp and a TigarSHARC based dsp

as for the POD HD500 it is what it is, nothing more nothing less. it will always be limited by its DSP the same as an AXE FX II could be, it just means the AXE can do more before it hits its DSP limit, it will probs give you a whole host of new tweaking joys at an whole new depth and level.

at a guess I would say the AXE FX II is a, tweakers paradise and probs a guitarists nightmare

• Upvote 1

it will only be as good as the plugins... judging from this crowd, its gonna have to be awful damn good to pass muster...

if you want to see what the Axe is like, download the Axe Edit and take a look... yep, guitarist's nightmare...

• Upvote 2

I fall in the tweakers paradise section lol I would love to own an AXE FXII although I just could not afford one, that's where the HD500 save me, so I am starting to learn about digital effects from using a fair priced bit of kit that fits my wallet.

and as always the hardware is only as good as the software that it uses and the experience of the programmer that uses the software.

bit like, you might be able to afford a £3000 guitar, but put in the hands of some who cant play then it will sound S___

My god, from the looks of that Mod Duo application I see running there, the routing possibilities appear phenomenal. :blink:

Seems they lifted the simultaneous FX cap to quite a large extent as-well, nice post ! I'd love to this thing succeed.

Hard to say, I almost passed judgement on it too soon until a took a deeper look at it. The A7 Cortex is what usually gets put into mobile phone

and tablet devices, and judging from what I saw in its multiple FX processing capabilities, its not something I would initially under-estimate now.

I wonder what sample rates it runs native in, and exactly how many simultaneous FX can be used until latency kicks in, or hits a DSP wall.

Guess we'll have to wait and see when its in full swing and the reviews start coming in. I'll reserve my personal judgement for then.