Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500(X) Edit patch save anomaly

studiox19

I don't know if anyone else gets this problem, but now that I have a 500x as well as the 500 and both suffer the same problem, I'm guessing it's universal.

It might be best if i set the scene.

I use all the presets in one set list when i play live - i usually use one set of four (a-d) patches for a song (1-16 slots). I leave this set list well alone when I edit patches in the edit software as this is my set list for live gigs. I usually copy the patch across to another set-list, mess with the settings and then copy back if i improve it. I'm extremely careful with only saving highlighted patches, making sure others are not highlighted etc.etc.

On my old HD500, at least twice, I have been in a live(! - as well as other times) situation where I'm playing the verse part of the song - for example - say 'Comf Numb Verse' patch, i then kick in what i'm expecting to be 'Comf Numb Kick Ar$e Solo' and i get 'Mike's Mandolin' :-(

Now, these are patches that I never edit - they are set in stone and left alone, but for some reason i get a random patch change which i never authorize and I'm not aware of until an important sound check or even gig.

And the above is what happened, frustratingly, with my new PODHD 500x on Saturday night. I did manage to do a quick tap dance and find something more appropriate, but i believe there is a glitch in both PODHD 500 Edit and PODHD 500x Edit software whereby patches are randomly overwritten. I don't have much confidence in it at the moment.

Anyone else having this problem?

In 5 years, it happened only once about 3 weeks ago.  I have since updated to the latest firmware and hope it never happens again!  Patch was overwritten by one from the Line 6 demo patches which I never go in to...

I thought this happened to me a few weeks ago, but what had actually happened (which I realized later) was that I had accidentally hit the bank switch button to the left when I meant to disable an effect with FS1. With the bank switch engaged, when I thought I was picking patch C in the same bank, I actually picked patch C in the next bank, which was nothing like the patch I was intending to switch to.

Other than that, which was my own fault, I've never had my HD500X do anything like that.

"making sure others are not highlighted etc.etc."

Hi studiox19,

The presets that are currently highlighted are the ones you will send / receive.

The presets with the triangle on the left side is the one you are currently editing.

As a result of this you might edit another patch as the one you are sending?

Maybe the software is not as easy against mistakes.

I always go for sure:

1. Before editing presets, save your complete Bundle and SetLists with unique file names (use date & time)! In cases of issues you can later highlight what you want to send back.

2. Double click the original preset (highlight and triangle) you want to edit on the editor and use File> SAVE AS.

3. Now Change your SetList and double click on the destination position (highlighted and triangle again).

4. File>OPEN the preset on the destination position saved before and start editing.

5. Your edited preset is still highlighted as the only one and finally can be sent by SEND.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I'm definitely getting a problem here. I meticulously make sure that no other patches are highlighted every time I save one when i'm using the software on a computer. I'm sure there's a glitch here. Maybe I have a dodgy USB connection on the PC i use if no-one else experiences this?

I'll try and document exactly what happens next time. I'll have a go at reproducing the circumstances too.

LOL

I've just done a proper recheck of what's on my PODHD 500X via the edit software. I do have a 'Mikes Mandarin' patch which must be the usurping patch in question (looked like 'Mikes Mandolin' in the dark, panic moment on stage).

Now this is a patch that i created using the new Mandarin amp when the new firmware came out. It was saved to position 12b in one of my set-lists(experimental). 12b is also the position in my 'Main Gig set' of the great lead patch that was usurped. There is no way i would copy across anything to my main set-list and I'm 100% sure i didn't mess with this slot. The question is, how has this happened?

We've had two gigs since i created 'Mikes Mandarin' and I didn't have the overwrite problem in the first gig, so it's copied - i think - quite randomly when working on other patches since.