Sign in to follow this  
matthewgordon1

I need help eq'ing spider iv 150 HD with external eq

I need help figuring out exactly what effect on what frequency range I'm actually adjusting I'm having using a esp/ltd m330r ran to a behringer eq700 then to DigiTech element xp then to spider iv 150 HD ... I would like to tighten up the sound a little but I'm confused on how to achieve this having the option of using 7 bands of eq on pedal then 3 bands of eq on the mutieffex and an addition 3 bands of eq on the amp!! Help please!!

I'd leave the EQ flat on the Digitech and amp, and just use the 7-band EQ, if you really feel the need for that much tone adjustment.

I'd leave the EQ flat on the Digitech and amp, and just use the 7-band EQ, if you really feel the need for that much tone adjustment.

To me the amp effects just sound plain muddy! I'm trying to get good sounds for metal but all I'm getting is mud!?!

Mud is usually defined as the 200-400Hz range.

If you're using the Digitech's modeling (amp/cabinet/distortion-fuzz), then put the Spider on a Clean setting with Drive turned down.   My guess is you're getting a combination of distortions (digitech X Spider) making the sound unclear

OK what about test mode?? And does putting the amp in test mode affect the speaker outputs in anyway? Getting a little closer to what I'm looking for thanks in advance!!

Test mode basically bypasses the modeling preamp.  You coudl also plug into the CD/MP3 input in the back.  Note that none of the amp controls work in this mode.