Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello guys, 

I was looking for such a topic, but could not find. If it exists, please give me a link and kill this topic.. 

Just bought a new POD HD500X. 

Could you tell how can I mute one channel entirely? 

In presets I have 2 parallel amps, and mixer, 100% left and 100% right, one amp gets muted by a control. Output goes from unbalanced channels to amps. I use it on live gigs, had Morley di box before. 

When I press the control on POD HD500X, I still hear the clean sound from the muted channel. Could you tell if you know how to make it properly? 

Maybe you have a tone with such function? 

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

works nicely, but sadly there is a little delay, click, when I step to mute one channel.. 

is there a way to have 2 channels without "amps" from POD HD, - use it only for effects, and mute one channel (0 bypass on one channel after pressing a footswitch) - to use preamps from real amps? 

• 4 weeks later...

When using POD's preamps, but there is a lag between the click of a button and actual effect. You stop on the button and it takes some milliseconds till the channel gest muted or unmuted. Sadly it it not instantly and it spoils some of the effect if the music is fast.. 

Any way to overcome this? 

If your "click of a button" is going from one patch to another then yes, there is a light delay. This has caused me to switch to FS1-8 mode. With that, the switches only turn on/off FX which, to my ears, cause no delays. This is much more usable to me.

What I do is assign each amp's Channel volume to the same expression pedal. Then make, for example, Amp A's Minimum position 0% and and Amp B's Minimum position whatever Channel Volume you want it to be. Then reverse for the Maximum position. Amp A's Maximum position the Channel Volume you want it to be and Amp B's Maximum to 0%. So as you go from Minimum to Maximum and vica versa, one amp is turned up and the other amp is turned down.

I attached my setting, if you change .txt to .5xe, it should work. if i haven't confused anything. 

can you attach yours? 

I think you were asking me. Here it is. I did this with no HD500X hooked up so I haven't tested it yet. One possible problem is you need to have an extra expression pedal hooked up, Otherwise, if you only use the internal expression pedal, when you engage the Wah pedal, Amp A will be the only amp on until you switch back to EXP 2. Haven't had time to trouble shoot this issue. One possible solution would be to assign the Wah to one of the numbered footswitch. Not ideal but I can't think of any other way right now.

I think you were asking me. Here it is. I did this with no HD500X hooked up so I haven't tested it yet. One possible problem is you need to have an extra expression pedal hooked up, Otherwise, if you only use the internal expression pedal, when you engage the Wah pedal, Amp A will be the only amp on until you switch back to EXP 2. Haven't had time to trouble shoot this issue. One possible solution would be to assign the Wah to one of the numbered footswitch. Not ideal but I can't think of any other way right now.

Thanks! 

Will test with POD tomorrow. It looks same as my previous preset, you based it on mine? 

Thanks! 

Will test with POD tomorrow. It looks same as my previous preset, you based it on mine? 

I changed your preset and didn't rename it. Other than taking out the Volume pedal you had, the only changes were in the Controller section. Each amps Channel Volume assigned to Exp2.