Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M5 suddenly cuts out!

johnlacroix

I've been noticing that sometimes my volume is just cut to nothing all of the sudden and today while playing, I stopped for a second and I think I heard a relay switch on the M5. In the past, if it was practice or live I would just panic and hit the same patch switch I'm already on and the sound would come back - i really didn't know which device in my chain was causing it. So today, I had a second to bypass each device individually and it's the M5! I got the volume to come back by clicking one of the switches.

What's going on here? How do I stop this? Is it broken? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad I found this link... About a year ago. My M13 started cutting out. More like power going out on and off with relay clicks.  I gave up on M13 and went all analog pedal.  Few days ago I pulled out my M13 and for 2 days it was ok then today it started again.  I tried different power supply (I also have old XTLive) different amp. different plug in.  

I need solution to this repair? I had M13 for about 3 years so I am not sure it will be covered under warrantee...

ghj

I left my m13 on for 2 days... it started going off.. on... .. I re-set it to factory preset and it didn't do for 24 hours. I am afraid to take it on gig...It sounds real good with my Mesa Boogie MK3 4CM. I am tempted to take OCD but Tube Driver and Screamer s doing fine.. Classic distortion (RAT) is also the killer. That is all I basically use.  With R2 mod on my MK3. I have 3 levels of Overdrive at the amp.  the R2 channel and Tube Driver really goes well.. Screamer too.. Screamer works well on clean channel...  I have the expression pedal on Drive level.. It is amazing to gradually increase gain with ex-pedal.

I am re-discovering Compressor.. especially the Red Comp.. I bought Xotic SP compressor and loving it.. I had SP in front of M13 for a while.But to make it simple.. I tried Comp on M13. and having expression pedal on comp level.. I can use it as boost .. gradual boost..

Only if this does not cut off during a solo....