Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L2t feasibility question

Greetings!

I have a DT25/HD500/JTV59 rig that I looove. I have been pondering an l2t for different situations like a coffeehouse etc -- places where I don't want the full roar.

Here's my query. One of the selling points of the l2 is the outputs like acoustic and electric guitar. I am wondering how much better people think those outputs are compared to just running into a nice powered speaker. For instance, a patch I want to use is one using the Variax mags and an acoustic model. But is there any advantage to using an l2 for such a patch? I can't have both the electric and acoustic modes going so I would just have keep it on Reference PA, right? I know if I had two l2 speakers I could send the mags and Variax to different ones, but that's a way too expensive option.

The l2 series looks nice but it is so pricey that I want to get a sense of whether what they do well is **that** worth it.

What I would really love is to have more than one output mode from the pod, but I know that is not possible. (I have a feeling that the successor to pod hd will be able to do this. )

Greetings!

I have a DT25/HD500/JTV59 rig that I looove. I have been pondering an l2t for different situations like a coffeehouse etc -- places where I don't want the full roar.

Here's my query. One of the selling points of the l2 is the outputs like acoustic and electric guitar. I am wondering how much better people think those outputs are compared to just running into a nice powered speaker. For instance, a patch I want to use is one using the Variax mags and an acoustic model. But is there any advantage to using an l2 for such a patch? I can't have both the electric and acoustic modes going so I would just have keep it on Reference PA, right? I know if I had two l2 speakers I could send the mags and Variax to different ones, but that's a way too expensive option.

The l2 series looks nice but it is so pricey that I want to get a sense of whether what they do well is **that** worth it.

What I would really love is to have more than one output mode from the pod, but I know that is not possible. (I have a feeling that the successor to pod hd will be able to do this. )

If you're gonna be using it strictly as a guitar rig with the POD and the JTV, then you're right...PA reference mode is what you will want to use anyway to take advantage of all the modeling you have at your disposal. Unless you also want the flexibility to use it with a real acoustic guitar for coffee-house kinda stuff, you can certainly find less costly FRFR options. The only other thing it really offers that most powered speakers don't is the L6 Link if you ever wanted to add on and make it part of a larger set-up, and the on-board accelerometer. It knows when it's lying on it's side, and will compensate for the low-end coupling that you get lying speakers on the floor...that's nice if you decide you want to use it just as a monitor for stage volume (I do), and run your POD straight out to the FOH.