Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

sensor in expression pedal pcb?!

soundstephen

I am having the same issue.  Hoped 2.62 would fix it, but no love. I seems the HD500 on board EX Pedal is physically inop. I suspected the sensor, but i tried the FW update and did the calibration correctly, meaning I saw the numeric values sweep from heel to tow as expected, so the sensor must be OK. But when it's in normal operation in any patch, the Toe Switch will toggle what ever is assigned, but the heel to toe motion has  no affect, like a parked Wah, or Volume Pedal at 50%. Same parameters assigned to EX-2 wlth external expression pedal work fine. Very big bummer. One of my main reasons for getting it was to use the eternal pedal to attenuate drive stomp, etc.  Did I do or miss something stupid?

I noted that my pedal defaults to 39  minimum after re-calibration.The final value should be 0 (0-100,Heel /Toe).Anyone have this problem after the new April 2015 patch update? It may be related to the behavior reported here .

I noted that my pedal defaults to 39  minimum after re-calibration.The final value should be 0 (0-100,Heel /Toe).Anyone have this problem after the new April 2015 patch update? It may be related to the behavior reported here .

I have this problem from time to time. Just yesterday I started using the pedal with a pitch glide effect and it wouldn't go to zero. This is very noticeable if it's even at 1. It was fine a few days before that. It took a couple of recalibration tries to get it right. So keep trying recalibration, eventually it should work. You could also try slightly tightening the allen-bolt on the pedal and then calibration, sometimes that helps. This is certainly an annoying aspect of the pod at best.

I am having the same issue.  Hoped 2.62 would fix it, but no love. I seems the HD500 on board EX Pedal is physically inop. I suspected the sensor, but i tried the FW update and did the calibration correctly, meaning I saw the numeric values sweep from heel to tow as expected, so the sensor must be OK. But when it's in normal operation in any patch, the Toe Switch will toggle what ever is assigned, but the heel to toe motion has  no affect, like a parked Wah, or Volume Pedal at 50%. Same parameters assigned to EX-2 wlth external expression pedal work fine. Very big bummer. One of my main reasons for getting it was to use the eternal pedal to attenuate drive stomp, etc.  Did I do or miss something stupid?

So, what you are saying is: 

Your pedal works fine. It scrolls from 0-100, and you can switch from 1 to 2. 

Do you know how to make the pedal work within patches. IE, assigning fx to it? 

No, the two of you have different issues. 

So, what you are saying is: 

Your pedal works fine. It scrolls from 0-100, and you can switch from 1 to 2. 

Do you know how to make the pedal work within patches. IE, assigning fx to it? 

Yes I it says assigned to EXP1 or 2, but wont' sweep. Even on Factory presets.

I reinstalled my firmware and flash and after recalibration it worked.... since there were hardware problems with my footswitches( i changed my tact switches) , i thought it is the same hardware issue with my inbuilt expression pedal... but now everything is fine , thanks every one !! , i changed my tact switches to a little taller ones( red coloured parts in the image)...

post-1482670-0-90401100-1430080944_thumb.gif

I figured it out. For some reason, the controller function for the pedal was set to OFF, even though the vol/wah or whatever had been assigned. I found it on the editor and played with it, but not until I found it and played with it on the unit did it actually start functioning as expected. I find it odd, though that even after doing the FW upgrade, and a complete overwrite, even the factory presets exhibited the same problem. But it's done and I am good to go.

However, one of the main functions I was looking for is something I do with my M5: using the expression pedal to control the amount of drive from light & bluesy to heavy/gain-y. On the M5 I do this my setting the heel with less drive and more output and toe the opposite to keep the level consistent (In other words I'm controlling drive and output at once inversely).

It appears that on the HD500, you can only control 1 parameter per effect, even though you can control multiple fx at once with the external expression pedal. Is this correct, or is there a way to do what i described?

Worse case I put my M5 in front of the HD500 or in the loop and put the loop after fx1, (Comp). But I was hoping to consolidate!!!

It appears that on the HD500, you can only control 1 parameter per effect, even though you can control multiple fx at once with the external expression pedal. Is this correct, or is there a way to do what i described?

You can assign up to 50 parameters to the exp pedal so it can definitely do what you describe.  In HD Edit, pick your effect, choose the parameter and assign it to the pedal.  Set the MIN and MAX levels.  Now pick the same effect, choose another parameter, assign to the same pedal and set opposite MIN and MAX... make sure you hit the SEND button in HD Edit before you touch anything physically on the unit itself.  Now those settings will be loaded and ready to rock...

Very cool! It worked. I'm in business!

I think the editor is buggy at times because the unit doesn't seem to reflect some changes when I tweak them until I've reloaded the patch on the unit itself or sent and received it back. I think that's what was why I thought it wouldn't do it.

Thank you very much! That has become an essential part of my rig, the ability to sweep through drive levels. Although at the end of the night I the M5 in front of the 2 HD500 did sound better, plus it frees up 2 additional fx blocks: Dirt and Noise Gate.

Now if I can only configure the M5/HD500 to respond to midi CC toggle messages (on/off) and ignore program change messages. So I'm not married to pedal board mode all the time... a discussion for anther thread...