Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global EQ defaults after upgrade?

alienux

I've noticed that my patches with the new amp models have sounded pretty boomy, and that the bass end of the spectrum almost sounds like there's clipping, but only the lower ranges of the sound when I play chords. The mid and upper ranges sound OK to me.

I'm at work and can't check this right now, but it just occurred to me that I haven't looked at the new Global EQ settings at all since upgrading to 2.60 and installing the model packs; I've only been creating new patches with the new models.

So my question is in regards to the new Global EQ default settings. I can check this when I get home, but since that won't be for another 8 or 9 hours, I'm wondering if the default setting for the Global EQ after upgrading is on or off. If it's on by default, that could be what's causing the boomy-ness that I've been noticing in my new patches.

• 2 weeks later...

someone did a spectral analysis.. global EQ when on and set to default make no change on the sound.. it is still flat response.. the graph was virtually identical... if anything... there was a very minor, sub sonic low and super sonic high cut, but even perfect hearing couldn't hear those frequencies...

Hi

Can anyone tell me how do you get to the global eq on a pod pro hdX (updated yesterday)

There was a note at the start of the upgrade which i only scanned, now i can't remember how to get to it! :) doh!

It is on SYSTEM SETUP screens 11 .  It allows you to turn it ON and OFF and the 4 control knobs allow you to select and set each specific setting.

Yes, I made those measurements. You'll find them here. Medieval is right. Only the extreme high and low ends are affected with the Global EQ is ON or Off at the default settings. I doubt any one playing rock can hear the difference.

Yes, I made those measurements. You'll find them here. Medieval is right. Only the extreme high and low ends are affected with the Global EQ is ON or Off at the default settings. I doubt any one playing rock can hear the difference.

I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up...can't hear a word you're saying. :P