Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I just made my HD500X even better

pursereader

I love my HD500X, but the buttons I found to be on the small side with too low a profile.  Sometimes while playing and trying to hit the FS 1, 2, 3 or 4 button, I would miss the button...or hit that protector bar things...or hit the button on the lower row...or double tap the button.  The buttons just don't seem to have enough bulk and height for my taste, particularly on the top row.  I went to my local hardware store and bought these Hillman Round Cap Plugs 3/4".  They fit perfectly, look kinda cool and is a big improvement for me.  It is like they were made for my Pod.  Sweet!

post-2195558-0-61089600-1429827967_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

That's a GREAT idea.. I've gotta go see if I can find these. I have 1 main switch that I use for the lead button on all my patches. It would be very beneficial to have that 1 button taller than all the rest.. Thanks for this!

• Upvote 1

i wonder if it works with those clown shoes! :D

(old "inside" thread joke)

That's a GREAT idea.. I've gotta go see if I can find these. I have 1 main switch that I use for the lead button on all my patches. It would be very beneficial to have that 1 button taller than all the rest.. Thanks for this!

I love my HD500X, but the buttons I found to be on the small side with too low a profile.  Sometimes while playing and trying to hit the FS 1, 2, 3 or 4 button, I would miss the button...or hit that protector bar things...or hit the button on the lower row...or double tap the button.  The buttons just don't seem to have enough bulk and height for my taste, particularly on the top row.  I went to my local hardware store and bought these Hillman Round Cap Plugs 3/4".  They fit perfectly, look kinda cool and is a big improvement for me.  It is like they were made for my Pod.  Sweet!

Great IDEA! Time to go get my clown shoes! Hahahaaa

Dude... THANKS for this idea.... just got mine and they work perfect! I walked right into LOWES, go to the hardware area, speciality parts and pieces and their they were!!!

it adds like 5/16" to the top row, that helped with you are live at midnight :)

I just bought these too (thanks for the great tip) and they worked very well, though it didn't seem necessary to use a spacer. They just popped on. I also just put them on the buttons I use most often. They are much easier on bare feet too than the metal. They're in the misc hardware aisle under furniture parts:

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=51825-37672-884312

• Upvote 1

Just finished doing the mod on mine-----GREAT TIP !!!

L6 should take note and make 'em this way. Now I can squash it with my 14's......don't need no stinkin' clown shoes

Kylling It

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...