Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

System reset - patches disappear from unit

bond19

Just thought I would throw this tidbit out there- In the manual it states:

"Factory Reset & Pedal Calibration
Performing a Factory Reset restores the Firehawk FX to factory settings
(without altering your device's saved Presets). After performing a Factory
Reset, it is recommended that you next perform the Pedal Calibration for
proper Pedal operation."

In my quest to remove the excess crackle/static I am getting on the high gain patches, I performed a system reset by way of holding down the tap, and master volume when booting up, after reading the above phrase, I was confident that I could do this without changing the setup I had created (moving patches, deleting patches, and adding new patches I just created, as well as ones from the cloud).  When the unit booted up again, all my patches were gone, and the Firehawk was back to the state when I took it out of the box.  There goes 4 hours of  I will never get back.

So, beware - System reset will delete your patches.

As a note, sure the patches are stored on the cloud and on my device, but  that does not aid in the deleting and moving of patches in banks.  It would be nice to have a "mirror backup function, which you could store to the cloud, or your bluetooth device, which would be available to the user instantly- hell, this would be awesome for creating multiple configuration files of your patches, depending on the type of gig you were doing, you could load full set lists of banks with a couple finger taps. 

• Upvote 1