Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD Pro Patches Not Working w/ HD500X - Help

Indulger777

So I downloaded a tone pack from one of my favorite artists mostly for analytical purposes, but I'd also like to see how well the patches translate with my rig. All of the patches are ".hre" files, which I believe are for the Pod HD Pro, but I have the HD500X which reads ".5xe" files. Usually all I have to do is drag n' drop the files in the HD500X Editor or simply change the file extensions from .hre to .5xe, but for some reason it's just not working. I have the latest firmware update as well as the new amp packs required for this tone pack, but every time I try to open up a patch an error window pops up on my screen reading: "Invalid data found in one or more patches. These patches have been reset and named "New Tone (Reset)"." 

Anyone?

post the files so we can investigate 

Here's a link to one of the patchs. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2241djuq8yfpaa7/Horcrux%20Clean.hre?dl=0

I believe the HD Pro has some outputs that the floor models don't have. So it could be encountering that.

Take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum about the conversion utility.

The HD Pro does have outputs that the HD500X doesn't, but that shouldn't have any impact on the files. Just to be sure I downloaded an HD Pro patch from custom tone and it worked fine, so I'm wondering what the issue is here. I've heard good things about the conversion utility, but every time I try to install it it immediately crashes before I even get to the installation window. 

....., but every time I try to open up a patch an error window pops up on my screen reading: "Invalid data found in one or more patches. These patches have been reset and named "New Tone (Reset)"." 

The only time I have seen this message in the past is with old tones that were created with early versions of the Pod HD firmware - pre-v1.43. The issue was a corruption in the old tone files that could lead to a dangerously loud (potentially ear-damaging) signal being produced by the POD device. The issue was resolved as of firmware v1.43 but presets created in earlier firmware can be corrupt, and the corruption was detected as of that date with the associated edit programs.

My interpretation of your situation is that your downloaded tone pack is old, and contains some corrupt presets. The ones that are not corrupt are successfully loaded. The ones now named New Tone were corrupt. Corrupted presets can not be salvaged and cannot be loaded.

Here's a snip from the v1.43 firmware release notes:

...... POD HD500 firmware v1.43 POD and HD500 Edit v1.08 prevents invalid data from being introduced into presets......

The only time I have seen this message in the past is with old tones that were created with early versions of the Pod HD firmware - pre-v1.43. The issue was a corruption in the old tone files that could lead to a dangerously loud (potentially ear-damaging) signal being produced by the POD device. The issue was resolved as of firmware v1.43 but presets created in earlier firmware can be corrupt, and the corruption was detected as of that date with the associated edit programs.

My interpretation of your situation is that your downloaded tone pack is old, and contains some corrupt presets. The ones that are not corrupt are successfully loaded. The ones now named New Tone were corrupt. Corrupted presets can not be salvaged and cannot be loaded.

Here's a snip from the v1.43 firmware release notes:

...... POD HD500 firmware v1.43 POD and HD500 Edit v1.08 prevents invalid data from being introduced into presets......

The interesting thing is these tones are actually brand new. The tones require the new Pod HD amp packs, and I'm pretty sure that the new amp packs require the latest firmware update, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why they won't load. I'm able to analyze the gist of the patches by using an older version of Pod HD Edit; it's just that the amps and their respective parameters are missing. 

it works if you run it through the converter found at the top of the forum

Good to know. Thanks. Do you have a Mac by any chance? I have a 2010 MacBook Pro, and I'm having trouble getting the converter to install. It instantly closes out every time before I even get to the installation page.