Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how come sonicport vx has higher latency than sonicport ?

rw852

i just can't believe that, just got my brand new sonicport vx and the latency is DEFINATELY higher than the first gen sonicport,its been working good with my first gen sonicport until last week i bought a new sonicport vx since i need a mic for recording as well,...............then i plug it in today and found it totally UNACCEPTABLE due to the high latency even i set it down to 2ms !!! also when i plug my charging cable and my ipad air shows NOT CHARGING !!

running ipad air 8.1.2 , is there a new version of mobile pod coming or firmware for sonicport vx ?????

Line6 are you guys selling such a product without even TESTING it first ???????? i've been using your products since the pod !

Sometimes the iPad can show "not charging" when the battery is really low- the iPad is actually charging. Which software did you use with Sonic Port VX? The hardware latency should be the same as on Sonic Port, we have tested that :)

I'm running Auria , have you tried that ? I tried charging my iPad air thru sonicport vx ,battery is 72% and still showing not charging........

If you use that setup, does the battery charge get lower over time?

I guess it's charging but extremely slow, I couldn't see the percentage if "not charging" shows up, can you confirm if vx can do 48k recording in Auria ??

Yes , Auria v1.155 , ios 8.1.2, no audio bus , I started a new project and choose 48k , either mono or stereo track, load " mobile pod" in the fx track, then I got those weird noises every time I hit the guitar strings, what's your latency setting ?

This is a user forum and sometimes Line6 people look here but it is mainly intended for users. In your case you might want to try the Auria customer service. I have just tried this again - Auria in 48khz- Mobile Pod as an effect and it works fine. It may have to do with which iOS device you are using, memory, buffer size etc.

You can also try the Line6 customer service:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

Call Line 6 Technical Support

If your issue involves using a computer, to help us better assist you, please complete your support profile.

The support team for US customers can be reached at 818-575-3600 (option 2), Mon-Fri 8am - 5 pm PST. Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2 pm.

The EU support team can be reached at +49 (0) 4101 303 166, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm CET.

• 1 year later...

I am having the exact problem with the latency or lag of the sound.  I had a Sonic Port and LOVED it for using as a headphone amp with Mobile Pod.  Great for jamming in a hotel room with headphones on.  I upgraded to the Sonic Port VX and find that the lag or latency (setting is at 2ms on my iPhone 6) is so bad I can't stand it.  I double checked that all apps are closed, just running Mobile Pod 2.0.2.

HELP!  I loved my Sonic Port and hate my Sonic Port VX

Don

• 5 months later...