Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

strange glitch (500x, editor, programming footswitches)

AlexKenivel

Hey everyone.

I've encountered some sort of bug when assigning effects to footswitches using the editor software for my Hd500x.

I notice that when I change assignments on foot switches, they don't immediately work and nothing really happens until I change to a different preset, and the presets in my bank get confused and play wrong presets.

the LCD display on the pod itself (while editing footswitch assignment in the editor) says something like "assign etc etc" where the preset name would usually be. Then while the presets are "confused" the title displays the wrong preset name.

usually at this point I would hit one of the bank buttons and change to a different bank and then back again, and most the time it would come back to normal. Sometimes it doesn't and I end up unplugging the pod and starting over.

it's a relatively new device, I've had it for a little over a month and everything's up to date with no new packs added. Has anybody run into a problem like this or have any kind of solution?

thank you in advance!

Your pal, Al

Golden rule when using HD500X EDIT to program patches - NEVER touch anything on the HD500X itself until AFTER you have SENT the updates to the HD500X and disconnected it from the PC.

Messing with the controls on the HD500X while it is connected and talking to HD500X EDIT will always cause issues because effectively they are two computers talking to each other and can easily get out of sync.  Always allow the HD500X EDIT To be in control when connected to PC and don't touch the physical controls.

Hey everyone.

I've encountered some sort of bug when assigning effects to footswitches using the editor software for my Hd500x.

I notice that when I change assignments on foot switches, they don't immediately work and nothing really happens until I change to a different preset, and the presets in my bank get confused and play wrong presets.

the LCD display on the pod itself (while editing footswitch assignment in the editor) says something like "assign etc etc" where the preset name would usually be. Then while the presets are "confused" the title displays the wrong preset name.

usually at this point I would hit one of the bank buttons and change to a different bank and then back again, and most the time it would come back to normal. Sometimes it doesn't and I end up unplugging the pod and starting over.

it's a relatively new device, I've had it for a little over a month and everything's up to date with no new packs added. Has anybody run into a problem like this or have any kind of solution?

thank you in advance!

Your pal, Al

yes. you just need to press "save" on the unit after you press "send" on the edit software.

http://line6.com/support/topic/12130-how-to-save-presets-from-the-edit-program-hd500/

http://line6.com/support/topic/12125-different-sounds-when-switching-in-edit-vs-on-the-floorboard/

thanks for all this replies guys. I have been selecting the presets and sending them to the unit itself, but things still get glitchy until I switch banks. I'll try the physical save button next time and see what happens.

Edstar, I am on the same page as you about this. It doesn't cause a significant problem I just know I can't mess with her foot switches until I switch banks. I'm okay dealing with a work around, but was just wondering if this was happening to anybody else or just me.