Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I guess I'll be moving on...

1st Unit -> Led problem (wrong colors on encoders) and unresponsive physical controls.

Sent to repair under warranty -> Worked for a while but the problem returned

Line6 kindly replaced the unit! Very good costumer service I must say.  

2nd unit starts to present the grounding problem but is no longer under warranty period. 

I contacted a tec I know (not line6 authorized). I trust this guy. He has been repairing my music gear for years.

He preformed the, now standard, mod on the grounding and it worked very nicely.

Today I get the unit out of the case to multi-track record an important rehearsal (common practice since I have the M20d, it does wonders for your work method!) and I get the also well known "stuck on the boot screen" problem!

This unit is not under warranty period and it has been tempered with to fix the grounding. So I think even if this is a very known problem with several units I will have to cover the repair of my pocket! Or.... Just get another mixer!

This mixer is just so unreliable it becomes unusable for true professionals!    

This unit is not under warranty period and it has been tempered with to fix the grounding. So I think even if this is a very known problem with several units I will have to cover the repair of my pocket! Or.... Just get another mixer!

This mixer is just so unreliable it becomes unusable for true professionals!    

If I were Line6, I would repair or replace your mixer regardless of the warranty period, especially given the nature of the previous problems you had. Open a service ticket, see how they respond. If you don't get a favorable response, report back here so other people know to steer clear. If you do get the support I would expect Line6 to extend, report that back as well.

Good luck! I hate to hear things like this, but people need to know what they are working with..

Customer satisfaction is more important than anything...

May I suggest that you writs a nice letter to the director of line 6... 

I am sure that they will step up to the plate and back you up on this...

Talk to the guys "in charge" of the company.. they would never let a paying loyal customer walk away disappointed... 

Think Positive brother and contact the "higher ups" in the company I am sure they will help you.. why shouldn't they? Its not your fault.

Hi 

Update: I posted a support ticket for this problem. They replied with a fix:

Insert a memory card with the update firmware file on it and Power up holding "Tweak", "Record" and "Monitor" together.

It did the trick. My beloved M20d updated and it's working again!

My guess is that this procedure erases everything on memory a forces a real fresh installation of the firmware.     

Now, I don't know why this happened and I don't know if it will happen again! So I will buy the most inexpensive SDcard I can find, Put the update file on it and leave it on the case I use to carry my mixer. This way I can do this procedure if I have this problem on location.  

However this is not ideal as the procedure takes several minutes and in the heat of a sound check... Well... We are all musicians, you get the idea!  

I'll reply to the support ticket asking for more info on this. Mainly if there is any history of this problem returning often, or if there is a known cause. 

I would like to be more confident using the mixer on gigs... 

Anyway, Line6 is once more handling this very well! Nice company to work with  ;)

• Upvote 1

Update 2: 

Line6 replied something along the lines of:  

Its not an hardware issue. Software just sometimes get corrupted. Not a Line6 specific problem.

I could have done nothing wrong to trigger the problem. The only thing that could have done that is powering down during update.

The procedure is only another way to enter update mode in case the unit does not boot. 

Ok! I had software issues in the past in other equipment from other brands. No problem. 

My M20d continues to work fine. I'll carry an SDCard with the update file anyway just in case. 

If the mixer stops working again, or (I hope not) often, I will update. 

Oh, and... Line6 Rules!!!  ;)  :D

• Upvote 1