Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500 Synth O Matic

dodomoon

Hello. I own  an m9 and a hd 500 . i wish to recreate some of the effect on the m9 (i'm using it since 2011) on the hd500, but i noticed that it tracks notes real bad with the synth o matic. i usually do a synth intro of a song using synthomatic, delay, phaser and octaver.. on the hd 500 i hear a lot o glitch and ghost notes... i noticed that it's better if I use the pitch shifter with an octave down setting than the bass octave... can it be a problem of DSP? 

I've also tried to work with the synth effect and hear the same glitches. It takes a lot of tweaking to get it clean but a lot of things play into it, I found the most useful to be a noise gate or hard gate in front of the synth, but don't set it too hard. Also, use your loudest/warmest pickup when using that tone. Good luck and upload your tone if you get it working well!

All those synth-like effects work better with warmer guitar sounds (neck pickup, maybe with the tone rolled off a bit) and that's why I use the T-Model 4 position of the Variax on those presets