Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp sensitivity.

NucleusX

In an attempt to get a better understanding of which amps are more dynamically touch sensitive than others, I

thought I'd see what the Line6 community had to say about this. I'm also interested in peoples input on the new

amps, as I haven't bought them yet. To narrow things down a bit, I'm mostly curious about the high-gain amps.

If you add FX or use some other technique's to increase sensitivity, I'm also interested in your ideas, thanks.

I dunno. I think the knobs feel and respond the same as before the update. I don't think they've gotten more sensitive (at least, I haven't been informed to be more gentle when turning and tweaking them...)

ymmv

I have to agree with Nucleus on this one. Seemed like a shameless plug. Not that examples aren't encouraged, but thought it was a little off topic. As far as sensitivity, I think it's much improved in the newer models. The OR-80 is an excellent surprise for me. Never intended to use it, but it's so versatile with just a volume knob.

I haven't used the high gain amps much, so I can't help there. I messed around with the 5150, but it's gain is so over the top that it wore me out before I tweaked it much. I will give it a go and try to form an opinion that might be more constructive for you.

@ethyl80. I think you misunderstand me. By amp sensitivity, I'm referring to the amps ability to translate and react to softer or harder

touch from the strings, much like how a real tube amp reacts. Sensitivity was the best word i could think of.

Yeh thanks stumblinman, I've read a lot on the 5150, as this was the amp to intrigue me from the new set, and lost focus on all the others.

The Shiva intrigues me too, but haven't read much into detail on its performance as yet. I wonder how touch sensitive its input is as-well.