Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A & D patch lights of death

bond19

• 3 weeks later...

Add me as a Red Lights of Death (RLOD) victim.

The setup: Firmware 1.10, FH Remote v1.11. Samsung Tab S 10.5" with 32 GB and Lollipop 5.02. I have not used any borrowed presets from the cloud.

The scenario: I used FX Loop in a preset. L-Send to my Korg multi, L-Return from the Korg multi. The preset had Gate, FX Loop, two Auto Swells, Amp/Cab and EQ. This was a new preset I had made and stored in My Tones. The RLOD happened during setup prior to pre-show warmup. I got the RLOD when I tried to switch from this preset to another bank or preset.

I had to power-cycle the unit to get back to what looked like normal. It powered to this faulty preset. When I tried again to select another bank or preset, it would RLOD. Each time I power-cycled, Groundhog Day.

It cost me five minutes to do a factory reset, pedal calibration and pull down the four presets I needed to use, including the one that had caused RLOD. I removed the send/return FX Loop plugs and re-saved that faulty preset with the FX Loop off. No problems after that. I still used that faulty preset during warmup (FX Loop off), and no RLOD bit me. I stayed away from that preset during performance. Overall time wasted, about 15 minutes. I'm cool headed and know how to recover, but I don't like that I had to go through it.

I have read the two KB posts by Line6Tony at http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/firehawk/ about recovery and troublshooting. Interesting that bluetooth may play in. The bluetooth link is where FH has caused most other issues for me.

Looking forward to a firmware update soon with the bugs fixed.

• 5 months later...

I've just had my first red lights of death after about six months with the unit. Still running firmware 1.10 but will do an upgrade later. I didn't have any problems until I changed a patch (originally 01B Lead the Way), which had been running fine all that time with some minor modifications, to use smart harmony instead of whichever mod pedal was in it to begin with. I also moved it to the end of the signal chain (well, before reverb) as it sounded crappy before the amp. Now the patch will sometime work for a while but sometimes will freeze whenever I try to change away from it.

Has anybody seen a resolution for this yet? I need the harmoniser!

• 9 months later...

I just bought a brand new Firehawk FX from Guitar Center. I unboxed it, plugged it into power, and connected it to my Mac via USB. Ran the updater to go from 1.01.00 to 1.20.00 before even plugging in a guitar or connecting to BT.

Once the update was complete, I power cycled the unit, connected to my iPad, plugged in my guitar and played through about 4 presets. Switching to the fifth preset, the unit froze and gave me the red rings. I haven't even modified any of the tones.

I hate to think that my very first experience with the Firehawk has already broken my trust in the unit. I'll likely be returning it just hours after purchasing it.

I just did the "Factory Reset" so I'll give it a few tries first.

It's playing nicely! I'm glad I did the update and factory reset first before putting much time into the unit. Had I spent a lot of time building tones and setlists just to lose them all, I would have been somewhat annoyed.

Now I've spent several hours this morning building tones, downloading and modifying tones, switching between tones, etc. The Firehawk is keeping up nicely and hasn't shown any glitches or crashes.

My current setup is the Firehawk FX, iPad Retina (older iPad on iOS 10.1), Fender Prodigy, into a small Peavey Studio Chorus 70. I'm getting prepped for a Christmas concert this Friday, so there's a lot of switching between smooth jazz, rockabilly, country, modern worship with ambient pads, and even some southern Gospel. The Firehawk is making it pretty easy to find and modify the tones to do it all. The Particle Reverb combined with a E-Bow is quite fun. :)

I'll be putting it through a few more hours of work, plus two shows this weekend. I'll report back on Monday as to how well the Firehawk performed or didn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need help!

My Firehawk unit is turned on at the A (pacht light) button. I already tried the factory reset, left it off a full day, connect to the computer and use the Line 6 Updater but nothing worked. I do not know what else to do, because previously when I had a problem (load error = -1) after a factory reset everything was back to normal. I read about the problems with cloud timbres and I created them all just by the Firehawk but I was surprised by that problem. Is there a different reset than the factory?

My Firehawk unit is turned on at the A (pacht light) button. I already tried the factory reset, left it off a full day, connect to the computer and use the Line 6 Updater but nothing worked. I do not know what else to do, because previously when I had a problem (load error = -1) after a factory reset everything was back to normal. I read about the problems with cloud timbres and I created them all just by the Firehawk but I was surprised by that problem. Is there a different reset than the factory?

• 1 year later...

Hello good afternoon to all, first of all notice that I do not know English, so the question I write has been translated by a translator, so apologize for the flaws that may be: I write to you because I bought my firehawk fx about a year ago, and it came with fw 1.20, everything was fine because I was learning guitar and fh fx itself, and when I started to move more I started having the problem of a / d lights, something important is that almost always I connect to the computer and I get the sound from there (newer driver 1.91 win10 usb3.0), I rarely gigs and I really do not remember if it happened to me I think not, but on the computer if , so I saw that the problem could be downloaded patches, so I deleted everything, I did a Factory reset and then I updated the fw to 1.30, it still happens to me even when I decided to erase all the tones of the cloud and none of the tones that I have are downloaded all are made by me from scratch, but I keep going regardless of whether I change a b c or d patchs or between banks up or down, and now it seems to happen more often, important to say that it is solved by turning off and turning on the fh fx but that should not be normal, I do not know that is due or if this has a solution, thank you.