Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset List for POD HD500X

armadillo-ent

Having just acquired a POD HD500X a few weeks ago, I had no luck searching the web for a printable listing of the presets that come with the "factory settings" for the POD HD500X. So, I invested a few hours and put together an Excel spreadsheet with separate TABs for each of the (6) factory set lists, and (2) blank ones for User #1 and User #2 set lists. This is a good starting point for determining what you like, what you don't like, and what you want to tweak. Of course, you can also go to Custom Tones and download other patches, and it appears that many artists are now "selling" their HD500X patches via You Tube and other web sites. Hey, $1.00 for a patch might be worth it if you are in a time crunch.

Hope this helps - it is formatted to print out each set list on (2) 8-1/2 x 11 pages (i.e. 32 patches per page). Feel free to modify to suit. This was not intended as a comprehensive list of all effects that each patch utilizes - you are better served using POD HD500X Edit software for that level of detail. This is more of a quick reference that you can use to cull out the best patches to build the rig that suits your style and needs best.

FYI - got a great deal on a Line 6 DT50 hybrid tube amp last week - paired up with the HD500X and a Parker Nitefly and the possibilities are endless...

VY/AE

Line 6 POD HD500X Preset List.xlsx

• Upvote 6

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi there. Just got a second hand HD500X. Never used a unit like this before so working it all out. How do I switch Best of HD to Heavy to...? When I turned it on I expected Son of Plexi at 1A but it was old tape - I now know (thanks to your document) that I need to toggle through - not sure how!

Cheerd

Having just acquired a POD HD500X a few weeks ago, I had no luck searching the web for a printable listing of the presets that come with the "factory settings" for the POD HD500X. So, I invested a few hours and put together an Excel spreadsheet with separate TABs for each of the (6) factory set lists, and (2) blank ones for User #1 and User #2 set lists. This is a good starting point for determining what you like, what you don't like, and what you want to tweak. Of course, you can also go to Custom Tones and download other patches, and it appears that many artists are now "selling" their HD500X patches via You Tube and other web sites. Hey, $1.00 for a patch might be worth it if you are in a time crunch.

Hope this helps - it is formatted to print out each set list on (2) 8-1/2 x 11 pages (i.e. 32 patches per page). Feel free to modify to suit. This was not intended as a comprehensive list of all effects that each patch utilizes - you are better served using POD HD500X Edit software for that level of detail. This is more of a quick reference that you can use to cull out the best patches to build the rig that suits your style and needs best.

FYI - got a great deal on a Line 6 DT50 hybrid tube amp last week - paired up with the HD500X and a Parker Nitefly and the possibilities are endless...

VY/AE

I also did a factory reset and this cleaned things up for me a little.

Is there a way to create my own presets without overriding the current presets from 1a -16d? .... like a preset starting from 17? I know odd question but I am still trying to work it all out, so many options!

Thanks guys

There's 2 setlists that are left blank and available to use. 

And downloaded presets will be installed where you tell them to go. 

I assume your next questions are going to be: 

1. What is a setlist. 

2. How do I change setlists. 

3. How do I tell the machine where to install the new patches. 

Found the empty set lists which has really answered what I have been quering. Those three questions aren't my next ones! I will 'read the manual' too :)

Thanks for your help

There's 2 setlists that are left blank and available to use.

And downloaded presets will be installed where you tell them to go.

I assume your next questions are going to be:

1. What is a setlist.

2. How do I change setlists.

3. How do I tell the machine where to install the new patches.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Great job on creating the spreadsheet!!! Now, if Line 6 would just fill out the rest of the fields (Style, Notes) or create some REAL documentation for the set lists and ALSO create some real documentation for the HD Model Packs. It'd be really cool if all the above would be put into a format like the HD Model Gallery documentation.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had to make sure. I have seen some really lost individuals, and then our answers don't make sense because they asked the wrong stuff ---- 

When you update the firmware, you have a choice of keeping your patches or not. Obviously, you should select the other option.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Having just acquired a POD HD500X a few weeks ago, I had no luck searching the web for a printable listing of the presets that come with the "factory settings" for the POD HD500X. So, I invested a few hours and put together an Excel spreadsheet with separate TABs for each of the (6) factory set lists, and (2) blank ones for User #1 and User #2 set lists. This is a good starting point for determining what you like, what you don't like, and what you want to tweak. Of course, you can also go to Custom Tones and download other patches, and it appears that many artists are now "selling" their HD500X patches via You Tube and other web sites. Hey, $1.00 for a patch might be worth it if you are in a time crunch.

VY/AE

Cheers mate, that's so useful!