Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk patches and fx assignment limits

BobbyBlue27

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope to God I am) but can I only create/assign 1 fx type per bank? Example: can I assign 5 different delays (one per fx block) or can I only have 1 type of effect per patch? Sometimes, I may use both a digital delay and an analog delay. Or perhaps a tube screamer and a fuzz box. As of right now, I can only figure out how to create and assign 1 for each type of effect. It would be nice if I could overwrite things like reverb and equalizer and replace them with another effect. This doesn't seem to be an option. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. It would be pretty lame if you can't do what I mentioned above. I have an m9 and can assign 6 delays if I want to why cant I do it here? Thanks

Yes, you can assign multiple instances of the same FX type. Any of the 5 assignable FX blocks can be assigned to any FX you like.

To make the assignments, touch the FX block in the app. When it's Edit screen appears touch the name of the FX model on the upper left area. That will bring up a scrolling list of the available models within that FX type. In the upper left of that screen you will see the word 'Type'. Touch there and another screen appears that allows you to select a different FX type (Stomp, Mod, Delay, etc.).

Some FX blocks are fixed (EQ, Wah, Vol, and FX Loop). These can be moved to a different position in the signal chain but can't be reassigned.

Thanks for the reply. So theoretically I should be able to create 5 different delay blocks? I tried what you said and I was able to edit 3 blocks to but the Compressor seems to be fixed and when I select Reverb try to click the top left to make it a Modulation it doesn't give me the option. I can only select other reverbs. I'd like to replace the reverb with something else. Is reverb fixed? Thanks

Thanks silverhead for your help. I'll try to get in contact with a line 6 rep and inquire. As it stands, you can only edit 3 blocks and reverb, compressor and EQ are fixed. This is unacceptable in my view. 6 available slots and can only customize 3. Again, I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks silverhead for your help. I'll try to get in contact with a line 6 rep and inquire. As it stands, you can only edit 3 blocks and reverb, compressor and EQ are fixed. This is unacceptable in my view. 6 available slots and can only customize 3. Again, I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

That's the way it works on the Amplifi products, and that's the way Firehawk works as well. You have three "wildcard" blocks that can be any drive, mod, delay or filter you want, but other blocks are fixed. Of course, you can still select the type of reverb and wah you want, and there is some flexibility in where they can be in the chain.

Regarding the M9, yes, you can have 6 delays in a scene if you want, but only three of them can be active at any given time. You could have three active delays in a preset on the Firehawk as well, it's just that you don't have the same sort of scene functionality that the M9 has. But on the M9, if you were using three delays, that's all you could have. On the Firehawk you still have reverb, wah and volume pedal. Plus you have the effects loop if you want more effects in a preset.

• 7 months later...

Variac –           NoMove/FixedType

Gate –             NoMove/FixedType

Vol –                YesMove/FixedType

Wah-                NoMove/FixedType

WILD-              YesMove/AssignType

Amp-                YesMove/FixedType

Eq-                   YesMove/FixedType

FxLoop-           YesMove/FixedType

Reverb-           YesMove/FixedType

Looper-            YesMove/FixedType

"wildcard" blocks can be: drives/dynamics, mods, delays, or filter/synths,pitch

Some FX blocks are fixed-type (Variac, Gate, EQ, Wah, Vol, Amp, Comp, Looper, and FX Loop). These can be moved to a different position (but not necessarily any position) in the signal chain

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I mistakenly posted the same question in the Firehawk forum, which seems like a similar interface.

They have an unofficial tone/patch called BJ Clean 1, which has 4 "wildcard" blocks.  So, you cannot make a NEW/blank tone with 4, but you can download BJ Clean 1 and modify it, then save, with 4 wildcard blocks.

If we can convert Firehawk patches to Amplifi, then we can also have 4 assignable blocks.

Any ideas guys?

David

I also posted a similar reply in the Firehawk forum. I was unable to convert BJ Clean 1 to an AMPLIFi patch. I attempted to do so by opening it in the Firehawk app, removing all the HD effects and saving it as a new patch in MyTones. I could see and load this new patch in the Firehawk app, but not in the AMPLIFi app. There is something about that patch, other than use of HD effects, that gives it an FH prefix, making it incompatible with AMPLIFi. Normally, a patch without HD effects will work in either app and load on either unit. Must be the existence of a fourth flex block. Unless there is a similar "rogue" patch out there for AMPLIFi, I think we are stuck with three flex blocks.

Update - I tried to convert a standard "three flex block" Firehawk patch and it didn't work either. Upon closer inspection, Firehawk patches have 12 blocks total and AMPLIFi patches have 10. AMPLIFi is lacking the FX Loop and Looper blocks. Firehawk will load patches created or edited on AMPLIFi, but AMPLIFi will not load patches created or edited on Firehawk. In MyTones or on the Tone Cloud it is easy to distinguish the two types of patches by the FH prefix that appears in the name within your Firehawk app. In the AMPLIFi app you will not even see Firehawk patches in the list available for download. Hope this helps to answer your question David, even though it is not the answer you were looking for!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...